Do you know from wich printer is this vivid color material?

guilherme zefa

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epso Ecotank 2750
Hello,

This is my first post and I don't write english well but I will do my best and hope you all can understand my post ;)

I'm planning to start a small business designing and printing party stationery (bunting, invites, stickers...) and to start i'm using an Epson ET-2750. I understand that this model have some limitations to print in high quality colors.

This weekend I got from a friend a sample printed material (she purchased on internet for her children's party). I'm trying to discover what kind of printer could be printed this high quality material. I will show what I discovered so far:

1) Definitely is not a laser printer because, as you can see in the attached, there don't have those tipical printed dots from laser printers
2) The printed material is matte finish
3) The black color is extremely dark
4) The red color is vivid and shouldn't not printed in a normal inkjet printer, where the red color is more like brown tone
5) The resolution is unbelievable. so much small details.
6) The paper used is a normal smooth cardstock (around 250gsm) - I had print in the back of it using my printer to check if the paper could have any influence, but is not.
7) The ink type in pigmented because I put water on it and the ink didn't smudge

I had take some pictures and scanned as well, to show the difference between the material mentioned and the same image from my printer.

I suspect that it could be from a professional photo printer (6 colors or more), but as I never saw a printed material from those typo of printer personally, i can't confirm that. Can you help me with that?

Thank you in advance,

Guilherme

Attachments

• abc.png
    abc.png
    766.6 KB · Views: 141
  • abb.png
    abb.png
    493.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

guilherme zefa

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epso Ecotank 2750
I'm trying to find out if it could be a photo printer with pigmented ink like 113 for epson What do you you think? Anyone that have a printer like ET-8550 can help me out about the black color for matte paper (smooth cardstock), is that really deep black?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
An answer is just not possible - you would have to run a test and measure the black level with your paper and a particular ink , there are wide variations possible - smooth cardstock as a paper spec is much too generic in this case.