Do Pro-100 C & M carts get exercised when printing photos?

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
Regarding Features

One of the reasons why I like using the Pro-100 printer. :) When a job is printing, and you find that something is wrong, wrong job, wrong density, etc., simply press the Cancel below the power button :). The job simply stops, right where it's at :), and the paper ejects. Now that is a well behaved printer. This behavior can save a lot of ink when printing a page, especially a large page. No insisting on printing the complete page (like most laser printers). Just for that I forgive them the enforced cleaning cycle. Note, NEVER use the Power Button to cancel a job.

And while we are discussing features, I would like to point out that in the untimely eventual case of the dreaded blinking orange alarm lights, the PDF User Manual has a very good detailed list of the error codes. The Internet and even the Canon website has been less than satisfactory in getting answers for those codes. So keep the PDF User Manual.

That is valuable information. I now have a real reason to stand impatiently over the printer. I'll definitely look to the PDF Manual if my light starts blinking orange.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Algebra the donkey says...

You might want to rewrite that equation.

4828587_l3.jpg

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Still not. :barnie

1) Albeit I understood what you meant to represent, it is better to use a symbol for a variable instead of a constant number, such as X for your "1", Y for your "3", unless that is specifically what you mean. This is no different than your using "n" to represent the variable number of copies.

2) Careful what symbols are used as the incorrect one can alter the solution, eg your choice of symbol for division.

3) Order of Operations

Parentheses would make Algebra happy.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Still not. :barnie

1) Albeit I understood what you meant to represent, it is better to use a symbol for a variable instead of a constant number, such as X for your "1", Y for your "3", unless that is specifically what you mean. This is no different than your using "n" to represent the variable number of copies.

2) Careful what symbols are used as the incorrect one can alter the solution, eg your choice of symbol for division.

3) Order of Operations

Parentheses would make Algebra happy.

Thanks - I owe you.

Did you guess that maths was not my thing, and I realise that is a pretty simple example?

Now you mention it I recall the parenthesis thing.

As Harry Callahan AKA Dirty Harry AKA Clint Eastwood says, "A man's gotta know his limitations". :(

rs

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Geometry crushed me.

There was an algebra problem that floated across the internet recently that highlighted Order of Operations. Many people got it wrong. Not a surprise as few people are required to solve these types of calculations.

Believe me, I have learned from you on the forum. Thanks.

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
I learned my order of operation discipline from Dennis Ritchie in the C programming language which has 15 levels of precedence. Pointer arithmetics are my strong suit.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Getting back from Professor @stratman academy, the simplest answer to your origin problem is to leave the printer powered on permanently but asleep, and use Windows Scheduler to print one nozzle print every 55 hours.

The Qimage App is more an Epson printer thing, and it’s not as suitable for use in Canon printers, because there’s nothing better than a standard nozzle check to exercise every single coloured nozzle...