Disabling Ink Monitor for Canon MP560

maya.iz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there anyway to completely disable the ink monitoring software for this printer? I am using it to print some preliminary circuits by replacing the ink with conductive polymer materials. I will eventually be doing this with a printer made solely for these purposes, however, I want to use this printer to do some testing. I would like to be able to control the printer so that I can switch the position of the ink cartridges and override (or disable) all errors. Is this possible?

Thanks

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I have not actually tried this myself, but I believe that if you continue to use your cartridges with refilled ink after the printer decides that they are empty and you don't get a resetter for the cartridges, the printer will disable the ink monitoring and advise you that if you continue to print under this condition, you accept that your warranty will be void.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Maya.iz
I used to press the resume button on my canon printer when it ran out of ink in the past but its dodgy, you have to keep an eagle eye on whats left in the cartridges and then keep topping them up all the time, I didnt use a resetter back then..