Diameter for tubing waste ink Epson 1400

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Can somebody tell me what the internal and external diameter of the tubing should be for fitting a waste ink bottle to redirect the waste ink during puriging cycles of my new Epson 1400 printer.:)

Many thanks in advance.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I could but then I'd have to shoot you... ;)

3/32" ID at absolute minimum ... anything smaller and you are likely to hit backflow and printer pump stress issues.

.... or you could buy a kit made professionally from... Now what was that place called again???!! :D

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks. The problem is I have yards of of tubing here in different sizes and dozens of PE bottles to choose from in the "candy" shop.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
pharmacist said:
Thanks. The problem is I have yards of of tubing here in different sizes and dozens of PE bottles to choose from in the "candy" shop.
Ah... well just be sure your tube doesn't go much above 4" in height

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Websnail,

no problem, actually the bottle is hanging over the table and is much lower than the printer.

P

printfan1138

Just so You know, I have read that hanging a waste ink tank over a table is not advised. Mine is setting at the same level as the printer just as are the cis ink bottles and it works fine. Honestly, I don't remember why hanging it lower is a problem but I do remember reading that on the cis website. My printer is also an Epson 1400 and I really like it. Good Printing! Printfan1138

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
printfan1138 said:
Just so You know, I have read that hanging a waste ink tank over a table is not advised. Mine is setting at the same level as the printer just as are the cis ink bottles and it works fine. Honestly, I don't remember why hanging it lower is a problem but I do remember reading that on the cis website. My printer is also an Epson 1400 and I really like it. Good Printing!
The reason for avoiding that "hanging" approach is that you can setup a syphon effect that drains your cartridges/CIS.

By the same sentiment you want to avoid the waste ink going much above 4" to avoid potential waste ink backflow to the parking pads. So keeping the tube as close to the base printer level is highly recommended.