Dell laser printers - any good?

OM2

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I've seen a colour one for £99 - with 3 year warranty
The compatible toner inks are £25 for a full set + they have lots of good reviews

Good deal I think?
I was considering buying a Brother printer...
But for the compatibles, Dell seems to be much cheaper

Or am I missing something?

Intentionally: I dont want to refill the toners and just want to buy compatibles

Thanks

Omar

OM2

Printer Guru
Reaction score
anyone...?
thanks
i thought i'd have a few replies by now :(
thanks

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I'm not a laser expert, but it might help to post the Model # you are referring to.

I any event, a color laser promises to be less trouble prone that an inkjet, but will never probably approach photo quality.

RagerToo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP1200laser HP 8250 Photosmart
What turbguy said. AFAIK Dell was just rebranding HPs, and my HP 1200 B&W is a truck. No issues in 10 years for mine. Wait a minute, 13+ years on mine.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Ah yes but the OP is asking about a Dell colour laser, which is a different kettle of fish altogether, the replacement cartridges and waste kit would rob you, ironically an inkjet on OEM ink would be cheaper to run.. ;)

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Well, I recently got an A3 auto-duplex inkjet from a guy who couldn't stand the mess with cartridges anymore and switched to a laser (probably not A3).

If you do not print a lot (as most people do) a laser does not consume ink and doesn't dry out.
Even at 15-20 ct/page for color you will be cheaper than replacing inkjet cartridges at retail prices.

OTH, I had a B/W laser for long but a good inkjet - used regularly - did not cost more even with OEM cartridges.
And with color my page cost was maximum half of a laser.

When I will have printed enough to recover my investment in refill stuff my ink will have costed less than the paper :).