Dell 922 How to reset the printer to ack the cartridge is full?

Trevor

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hope you can help me with this one - my first time with the Dell 922 printer .....

I have refilled my Dell M4646 as per instructions. Everything went well. One of the easiest cartridges I have ever refilled & it printed properly without any cleaning needed.

The printer is insisting on telling me that the ink is still low & flashing its on/off button at me. I have tried removing & re-inserting the cartridge, I have powered on & off, I have searched the web for anyone else having this issue......

How do I get the printer to acknowledge that it has a full cartridge? Smacks of the Epson situation but hope not & given it is just a Lexmark I hope Dell has not added a lock.

Regards
Trevor

Craig Ross

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
You could try the old epson fool it trick where you put a new cart in the printer then open the printer
to change the cart but power off at the power point(not the printer off button) then put the refilled cart in and power back on printer thinks the cart is still full works on epsons not sure about dell

kenban

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have heard nothing about a lock on the carts but it might be something like how some of the HP printers keep track of ink levels. Some HP printers keep counters for the last 3 cartridges that have been inserted into the printer. To reset the counter all you do is keep a few old cartridges around and cycle through the cartridges when you need to reset the ink level. I tried to search for some instructions on google for how to reset the ink level but did not find anything. The Dell printers are just Lexmark printers with some minor changes but I don't have any experience with lexmark printers either.

Trevor

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Unfortunately that did not work. Appreciate your suggestion tho.

Have been resetting registry values that deal with ink levels, cartridge id's etc. Seems the printer remembers the cartridge details & overwrites what ever changes to the registry that I make.

Any other ideas welcome

Trevor

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Will look into the HP idea. Only have 3 cartridges, which does not get past any threshold as the printer remembered each. Will c if I can find ano cartridge to push onto a 4th in the cycle.