decorative metallic strip on a 55-105 Nikkor lens

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
My Nikkor 55-105 has a very narrow metallic strip around the lens that's beginning to come unstuck ... only about an inch for now. Part of me says it's ok to intentionally pull it loose the rest of the way. After all it appears to be primarily decorative. An alternative would be to find the right kind of adhesive and stick on the loose end. Would be very tricky to maneuver.

This lens is a Nikon re-con. If the strip is totally removed the grouve (sp?) left behind is narrow enough to look intentional.

Any thoughts?

PS: I'm new here... this is a printer forum. Not a lens forum! Should I post this somewhere else?

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
PS: I'm new here... this is a printer forum. Not a lens forum! Should I post this somewhere else?
You’re as new here as I am, so what constitutes new in your eyes, and yes this is a printer forum, but before you go, try a bit of Araldite two part adhesive, none better.. :hugs

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
Thanks, The Hat, that's a new adhesive for me.

Paul

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
My Nikkor 55-105 has a very narrow metallic strip around the lens that's beginning to come unstuck ... only about an inch for now. Part of me says it's ok to intentionally pull it loose the rest of the way. After all it appears to be primarily decorative. An alternative would be to find the right kind of adhesive and stick on the loose end. Would be very tricky to maneuver.

This lens is a Nikon re-con. If the strip is totally removed the grouve (sp?) left behind is narrow enough to look intentional.

Any thoughts?

@Paul W. Try posting in the DPReview Nikkor lens forum with a pic of the lens and strip...

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/1030