Dead MP800R Ressurection

knuckles_red

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm interested in reviving a completely dead MP800R, which does not power on. Ive inherited it from a family member who knows I 'fix things'. . .
I'm aware of posts and expertise developed by embguy, websnail, ghwellsjr, Trigger 37, and quite interestingly from benzinerwin on the death of these printer models.

From my gathering:

- A faulty head (burnt track, not dried before reinserting) can kill a working printer, namely the main logic board.

- For the printer to work, both the logic board and a new print head needs to be installed.

In many cases as seen on this and other forums, printer death can start from a clogged head, full waste tanks, full purge unit, or maybe other scenarios where the printer head is stressed?

I'm wondering where the fault occurs within the components; Im able to carry out SM Soldering / BGA installation on the logic board and could hunt for replacement chips. The fuses seem fine, but i will continue to test more of them. .
Any ideas?

4905_pcb1annotated.jpg

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
From my experience, when a printer does not power on, it has nothing to do with the print head. Most of my experience is with MP780 printers. Of the ten or so that I was providing refill cartridges for two or three of them suddenly refused to power on again. On one of these, it spontaneously died while powered on but not being used. On all of them, the problem was not the power supply, but beyond that, I never tried to fix them. Although I also have a reputation of "fixing things", I have my limits.