De-curling Ilford Galerie Prestige roll paper

TheBaldEagle

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/Imageprograph Pro-1000
Does anyone have experience de-curling Ilford Galerie Prestige Smooth Pearl roll paper? I'd like to know how flat I can get it; if it can be flattened enough to feed through a Canon Pro-1000 without fear of head strikes. I'd use a 17" wide roll. I would like to cut sheets from the roll as well as do the occasional panorama (apparently the newest firmware for the printer enables up to around 48" lengths).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Does anyone have experience de-curling Ilford Galerie Prestige Smooth Pearl roll paper
Very simple, just roll the paper up on a broom handle in the opposite direction to the curl, or roll it up and pop it inside a paper core of any size..

When removed some time later, it will come out flat..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Very simple, just roll the paper up on a broom handle in the opposite direction to the curl, or roll it up and pop it inside a paper core of any size..

When removed some time later, it will come out flat..
I was just taking my roll off the same great paper (I was happy enough to have found second hand years ago) to print a family reunion photo for my sister in law with the maximum size of the PRO-10 (355x676mm).

Good idea, I will send it rolled in the opposite direction.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm doing single sheets this way with another roll of plain paper

Uncurl.jpg

Latest posts