Cyan ink clot?

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Thanks.

Going back to the issue of this being a circuit/electrical problem... is the problem on the printhead, or on the printer? Because if the problem is on the printhead and I get a new one, then it's problem solved. But if the problem is on the printer and I get a new printhead, I'd be just wasting money by frying the new printhead.

How do I confirm which side the problem is on?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You cannot tell except by trying a new printhead. And as I warned in post #4, there is always the chance that the printer is burning out the printhead and vice versa.

But I thought your printer was under warranty. If Canon decides you need a new printhead and they send you one and it still doesn't work, then they will send you a new printer. Same thing if you take it to an authorized service center. The only issue is if they contest your warranty status because you have been refilling.

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
What if I buy a new set of chipped carts to reset the counter... and act all innocent? Will they be able to tell I've been refilling (maybe by analyzing the inks on the waste pad)?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
This is a question I wish someone who has experience with the newer Canon printers would answer. You may find the answer with a search on the forum here. But they are not going to take apart your printer to get to the waste pad.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
alexandereci said:
What if I buy a new set of chipped carts to reset the counter... and act all innocent? Will they be able to tell I've been refilling (maybe by analyzing the inks on the waste pad)?
Not sure that the Canon servicing facility has the ability or time to analyze the ink. Anyways just run a couple of deep cleaning cycles with the new cartridges and that should purge any of the non-OEM inks out of the visible head resting pads. Would be amazing if they took the printer apart to analyze the ink in the large waste pads.