Cut Canon printer to install CISS?? (to avoid leaving lid open?)

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Thats a shame, maybe we can talk to the experts about a flip top for Canon?

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
qwertydude said:
If you haven't bought the printer yet, what's your hesitation with the Epson? Epson's piezo heads are the only choice if you want a trouble free CISS. I currently have a Workforce 30 converted to CISS dye inks. Even without a profile the colors were darn near spot on, and the CISS actually costs less than a full OEM inkset. Plus a dye converted Workforce prints excellent quality photos, especially once you can get a profile, I use Profile Prism, and you do have to use the matte photo paper setting so that black ink is used in photos, but other than that, all my prints come out as good looking as any photo lab.

If you can get the Workforce 40, color prints print out even faster with it. But the reason to get Epson is, invariably you'll get a clog or air bubble in the printhead. It comes with CISS territory. Thermal printheads when run dry run the risk of burning out individual nozzles. Once that happens photo quality will suffer and you have to buy a new printhead to get perfect photos. I've gotten clogs and air bubbles in my Epson on occasion and after a couple cleanings or at most a repriming of the cartridges, every nozzle always comes back online.
In Vietnam, people also very flavour Epson WF 30 with CISS. However, in my own opinion, for the same bunch of feature (wifi, e-print, duplex, ...) a HP printer costs lesser than Epson. Don't know why.

I wish Epson WF 30 has network-enable and e-print! :d

I have HP DJ IA 5525 with auto duplex, wifi, e-print,...The equivalent Epson one costs me 4 times than my 5525! (At least in Vietnam)