CR-10 back in the saddle again..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Now we’re in the new year I got something to celebrate, after what seem like ages I finally got my auld CR-10 back at printing, I waited for quite some time to get some bits from AliExpress but in the end cannibalised some other parts and they all worked..
two guys.PNG click to enlarge..

First off is a new design I’ve been working on for some “Time” it’s a 25 cm clock and should look good if I’ve got everything right.. Time will tell…

It’s just great to have an Heir and a Spare again, so now to find out what’s the matter with my little KP3, (Software related)..

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Good job!

Since I have my Ender 3 V2 as my primary printer now, I'm tempted to start testing things on the CR-10... maybe swapping out the board? Klipper? etc?

It's way easier and less-stressful to do stuff like that when there's zero pressure or need that it's the primary device.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
It's way easier and less-stressful to do stuff like that when there's zero pressure or need that it's the primary device.
Exactly, because there’s no pressure on you when you have another printer to fall back on..
In my case most of the parts are interchangeable..

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Good job!

Since I have my Ender 3 V2 as my primary printer now, I'm tempted to start testing things on the CR-10... maybe swapping out the board? Klipper? etc?

Go for it. Install Klipper and tune for better prints and faster printing. This video covers the basic procedure but I would advise not to go for Octopi as either Fluidd or Mainsail web interfaces are now more advanced and have lots of support from the developers via the Voron channels on DIscord. Handy things like tuning a first layer live using the Z offset buttons on the web interface are really useful.

There are also mods to add a Voron Direct drive toolhead to the Ender 3 too using a V6 or for a little bit more $'s the Dragon Hotend which is much better than the V6 and does not move around in the mount like most V6 hotends do.

Tuning Input Shaping on the printer

Have fun!

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
It seems that the new year has summoned all the 3Dprinting addicts of this forum.
Nice to see some activity again.. :)

Redbrickman, now that you mention Klipper, I'm starting my personal battle with this software and I'm still a bit lost. Until now I just inserted the SD card on my Prusa, controling the printer directly with the front wheel and button of the LCD screen.
Having to do it remotely within the computer with Klipper/Mainsail and a Raspberry pi in the middle is a real challenge.
Oops, the Hat will complain with reason that we're hijacking his thread..:hide

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
It seems that the new year has summoned all the 3Dprinting addicts of this forum.
Nice to see some activity again Oops, the Hat will complain with reason that we're hijacking his thread.
That’s an easy thing to do if you manage to control your Raspberry pi, O’ and Happy New year @Artur5..
I walk the 15 metres to my printers and insert the SD card manually, that cuts out the middle man, then all mistakes are down to me.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Nice to see some activity again.. :)

Redbrickman, now that you mention Klipper, I'm starting my personal battle with this software and I'm still a bit lost. Until now I just inserted the SD card on my Prusa, controling the printer directly with the front wheel and button of the LCD screen.
Having to do it remotely within the computer with Klipper/Mainsail and a Raspberry pi in the middle is a real challenge.
Oops, the Hat will complain with reason that we're hijacking his thread..:hide
Well I can understand that as I have a CR10 that I never bothered to use Octopi with, however there is something nice abouit seeing all the information on a PC, tablet or smartphone and also watching the print remotely via a webcam link on the screen if you are doing other things.

Example image taken from the FLUIDD Git hub page...

fluidd.jpg

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
That’s an easy thing to do if you manage to control your Raspberry pi, O’ and Happy New year @Artur5..
I walk the 15 metres to my printers and insert the SD card manually, that cuts out the middle man, then all mistakes are down to me.
And it keep your legs working so they don't seize up :hide

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I have to walk only 5 meters so my legs will last longer than yours..:p

..and a very happy new year for you, your family and, of course, for everybody on this forum ( spammers included :rolleyes: ).

Latest posts