Costco Glossy Instant $9.00 Rebate

filmguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just bought Costco 8 1/2x11 glossy with a 9.00 instant rebate making total purchase for 150 sheets less than $10.00.

Just a heads up.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if that is really good news. Either they want to whittle down their existing stock because they want to clear it out for a reason....either discontinuation or removal of SKU or a new version is coming. Something is up.... If the Kirkland goes away, then there is nothing close for similar cost.

Up here we already lost the 4x6 SKU.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully just a "back to school" related discount! I should see if I can find a friend with a Costco membership to get some for me. I wish Staples had a good letter sized photo paper with their $1 rebates, the HP Everyday is great for proofing but not much else. The Photo Matte for $1 (after rebate) is a very good deal but they almost never have a glossy paper with a big rebate.

filmguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm thinking along the same lines as Mike. They don't give it away unless they need the room on the shelf for something else.

I use it all the time so I bought a few boxes... really hard to beat the value.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I went to the closest Costco to me here in Canada tonight and there is no more Kirkland Professional Glossy at all. Neither letter size nor 4x6 which had disappeared over a year ago. Customer service did a search and could not find any at all in all stores locally. I had been advised by someone that they could not find it in their area a couple weeks ago but I had seen a skid full of paper just a month or so earlier and did not pay attention. I guess there probably was an instant rebate up here as well and they sold all out quickly.

I suspect that this is the end of the road for this phenomenal value paper. We shall see; however, be warned, the early bird catches the worm. I was late and I only have less than a dozen sheets left.

brady38

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just looked at Costco website and yes, they have a whole new line of Signature paper in 4x6, 5x7, 8.5x11, 11x14, and 13x19. That accounts for the discount on their old paper. Glad to see the additional sizes of paper, especially the 13x19.

May have to sneak out to the store to see whats in stock.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Just went to Costco today. Both the 4x6 and 8.5x11 were about half price. I bought several of each as this quality of paper will never be this cheap! Glad to hear that the additional sizes will be available as I just picked up a new factory sealed 9000 mk II for $100 on Craig's list. Hope the new sizes will be in the stores as well as online. I checked handling and delivery charges for online purchase and they were pretty high. By the way, both packages I purchased today had a different picture from the previous boxes - 8.5x11 has tulips and the 4x6 has pix of a frog and a red flower. Possible the replacement for the previous items.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Can you open the package with the frog and compare it to the tulip version? An identical print on both and comparison of color response would be of tremendous knowledge to see if there is an improvement or otherwise and whether stocking up would be recommended.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
mikling said:
Can you open the package with the frog and compare it to the tulip version? An identical print on both and comparison of color response would be of tremendous knowledge to see if there is an improvement or otherwise and whether stocking up would be recommended.
I'll be glad to check it out. The frog picture is on the 4x6 box and the tulip is on 8.5x11. I had such a large quantity of older paper that I may have skipped buying a version in between. I do have a few boxes of 4x6 paper wtih the picture of a man skippering a sailboat. I still have at least one box of 8.5x11 Kirkland paper made in Switzerland as well. That one has the sailor on the lid.