Cost effective A2 printer advice ?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The tech said the printer was dead and there was nothing they could do as Canon does not offer ANY REPAIR SERVICE for the Pro 1000. The tech said my only option was to purchase a new printer.
There are effectively these option with Canon

- the printer is still in warranty and would be served

- or you would have signed up for an extended service package upfront basically for a warranty extension

- or you buy a new printer

Be aware that refill would void warranty commitments - same with Epson

AndyHerman

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1000, iPF 6300
Actually Canon does not service the Pro 1000 whether under warranty or not, at least that's what the tech told me - they will only send a replacement if under warranty, but no repairs. This (now dead) printer was a replacement for the original one I bought in late 2018. When I set up that printer it would not complete the setup process - I don't recall exactly what the issue was but I contacted Canon tech support. They had me do a number of things to try to get the printer to work, none of which were successful. (I vaguely recall it had something to do with the printer not recognizing the installed ink cartridges.) Canon ended up overnighting a new (this current printer) to me and had me ship the defective printer back to them. They told me not to send the ink cartridges or the print head back, so I still have the new, sealed print head that came with the replacement unit (installed the print head from the defective unit in the replacement/dead printer).

I don't and never have used refill cartridges. My iPF 6300 is still working . . .

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Why not give a try to HP DesignJet T210 24-in plotter with 2-year warranty