Converting HP cartridges from one type to another.

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Since I don't own HP printers, I don't understand this exactly, but I think I get the general idea.

"Hi & Bestech" is a company in Taiwan which has made various inkjet related electronic items. Amongst others, they worked out the first resetter for Canon CLI-8 chips. They also produce other chip resetters and many replacement chips.

I received an announcement from Hi & Bestech about a new product which converts some HP carts from their normal type to another type. The advantage seems to be that the ink capacity will be increased by enabling the use of a cart that has been converted. I copy the announcement here expecting that some members may understand it due to their knowledge of the particular HP carts talked about.

"Topic: Hi & Bestech company-- HP Ink Cartridge 56/27 to 21; 57/28 to 22 Converter

Taichung, TAIWAN 20 Oct, 2007- Hi & Bestech company adds HP ink cartridge no.56/27 to no. 21; no. 57/28 to no. 22 Converter into its product line. This cartridge converter converts HP no.56 cartridges into HP no.21 cartridges - 19ml of ink instead of 5ml. The same device also converts HP no. 57 cartridges into HP no. 22 cartridges - 17ml instead of 5ml. The converter also converts HP no. 27 and HP no. 28 cartridges into HP no. 21 and HP no. 22 cartridges! Converted HP no.56 and HP no.57 cartridges also work in printers using HP no.27 and HP no.28 cartridges - this makes ANY converted cartridge a UNIVERSAL CARTRIDGE - working in ANY printer using HP no. 56/57/27/28/21/22 cartridges. The device uses USB power - no batteries! No software required! Just plug the USB cable into the USB expansion socket on your printer and plug the other USB lead into the converter s USB socket noting. All printers using HP no. 21/22 cartridges use USB. No problems!! LEDs indicate device status. At power on, LEDs alternately blink - showing device is ready for cartridge insertion. Once a cartridge is inserted into the device, the LEDs go out and the cartridge is identified and then converted into a HP no.21/22. After conversion the GREEN or RED LED will illuminate - showing conversion status."

If you have any further interest in this converter, email your inquiry to: alvin@tonerchips.com or info@tonerchips.com .

Check out Hi & Bestech at their website: www.tonerchips.com

I have no financial interest in Hi & Bestech and I approved this message. canonfodder :)

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I certainly could use something like this for my refilling, but can't find it on that website, as none of the links appear to work. Would you have a direct link to the information? A uniform cart would be incredibly useful to my customers.

Thanks