Continuous issues with Canon i560

scootinger

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Canon i560 printer, which is about 3 years old. A short time back the color practically stopped working so I ordered a new printhead. It seemed good at first but there were small white lines/streaks in the color printing which could be noticed if you looked closely. Cleaning didn't help. I emailed the place I bought the head from so they could send me a new one, and they suggested that the issue might be the purge unit. However it had the same issue in another i560 I have, so I sent it back.

They did end up sending me a new one so I put it in and it seemed to work well at first but the issue reappeared. I wasn't sure what was going on so I decided to clean the printhead with paper towels/tap water. Once I seemingly got all of the ink out I put it back in. Now it seemed like the yellow and one of the cyan nozzles weren't working at all, and one of the cyan nozzles had issues, but the magenta and black worked just fine.

So I decided to try rubbing alcohol and distilled water instead. I used a bowl with a paper towel on the bottom and put a mix of approx 1 part 91% alcohol and 5 parts distilled water in a bowl. I made sure the cartridge was clean but still the cyan/yellow were obviously clogged. So I used a mix of about 1 part ammonia, 2 parts alcohol, and 7 parts distilled water. I let it sit there for an hour and a half or so and put it back in. Very similar issue - the black works fine, magenta is now a little faded, and the other colors aren't working at all.

Does anyone have any advice for me at this point? I've spent so much time trying to get this printer to work and I'm about to trash it soon. Any advice appreciated - THANKS!