Continuous Ink Systems? 3BCI Carts w/DYE ink Canon Chipped Carts 8CLi

neilslade

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have just finished EXTENSIVE testing with both and updated my main web site with the latest info on

1)CIS Continuous Ink Systems

2) Aftermarket 3BCI BLACK carts (the big ones that go in Canon printers ip3000, ip4000 and similar)

and
3) the new line of Canon printer 8CLI carts

please simply go to my nice attractive web page for all the gory SPECIFIC details on these issues

http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html

or my main INKJET INFO index page with all kinds of topics

http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inkjetstuff.html

THE #1 web sites IN THE WORLD on Canon Printer Info and Troubleshooting Information-- even more popular than Canon's official sites

Have Fun and avoid all the junk I have had to endure for YEARS, i.e. affordable, painless Inkjet printing!

And dont' forget, the better your brain works, the better your printer works!! The AMAZING Brain Adventure:D

Neil Slade
neil@neilslade.com
Your Inkjet Printer Forum Moderator

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Hi Mr. Slade.
My question is about my i960 printer. I bought it several years ago after reading about how good they are on your excellent web site and I must totally agree with you. For our purpose,( My wife is an art teacher), it has been perfect. We have printed thousands of wonderful photographs without any real problems until recently when I suddenly could not get any magenta color on the head tests. The strange thing was, while I couldn't get magenta to print at all in a test pattern, it would smear a wide swath of magenta across some of the photo prints and even whole pages entirely "over smeared" with magenta at times. I tried some of your tips including the compressed air and the hot water treatment on the head but without effect so far! I was going to use the denatured alcohol 50/50 mix next and noticed this comment on a site called (windows fanatics). I will stick with your considerable experience but I would like your comment on this part of what they suggest. Their comment was, (Alcohol wont work as well as ammonia, but may work better than a few cleaning cycles. The downside is that alcohol may actually dry out the plastics and metals in the printhead. This could actually increase the chances of clogging later on down the road. So try to avoid alcohol if possible.) end of quote. Please don't regard that as a negative on what you say I'm just confused at times by all the apparently contradictory things I read and I do want to restore my much loved Canon i960 to good health so I hope that you will not be offended. I thank you for putting my wife and I on to a great printer to begin with and thanks for your excellent advice. Sincerely, outoftheinkwell!