Container for 2 oz. squeeze bottles

joseph1949

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Container for 2 oz. squeeze bottles

Below are pictures of the container that I am using for my 2 oz. squeeze bottles.

I place the container in the door of my refrigerator. I do this for three reasons:

1. Ease of access.

2. Every time I open the door the movement shakes the ink in the bottles.

Note: Is this a good idea to shake the bottles this often?

3. The temperature next to the door is a bit higher than the refrigerator proper.

According to the information on the manufactures ink container the ink should be stored above 60 degrees F. I take this to mean that the 60 degree temperature is for optimum printing results. The higher door temperature means that I will not have to wait as long for ink to reach 60 degrees.

The ink can reach the desired 60 degrees by three methods:

1. Take the ink bottle out of the container and set it aside until it reasons 60 degrees. Use this method if you are not in a hurry to print.

2. Take the ink bottle out of the container and fill the cart with the ink. Wait for the ink to reach 60 degrees. Use this method if you do not need to print immediately.

3. Soak a paper towel or a small cotton wash cloth in warm water and wrap the towel/wash cloth around the lower half of the bottle. You should do this if you want to print as soon as possible. Caution: this method may increase the growth of mold and whatnot in the ink.

Or you can place the cold ink into the cart and print and see what happens.

Information on the container and bottles:

The container came from Costco.
The footprint of the container is 4.5 inches x 4.75 inches (outside).
The depth of the container is 6. 875 inches (inside).
The opening is 4 inches in diameter (inside)
The diameter of each bottle is 1.5 inches.
Bottle + needle (1.5 inches) + scabbard = 6.125 inches high

The last picture shows a bottle on the outside with a 2 inch needle. The 2 inch needle bottle will fit inside the container with the lid on. Eight-2 oz. bottles will fit inside the container. I believe that five-4 oz. bottles will fit inside the container.

Thank you.

7439_img_2485.jpg

This picture shows a bottle with a 1.5 inch needle.

7439_img_2480.jpg

7439_img_2506.jpg

This picture shows a bottle with a 2 inch needle.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
As far as I know some people don't like to store ink in very cold places, I don't know how it might affect the properties of the inks. The drawback to keeping them in the fridge is the inks are exposed to light everytime you open the door to get a beer so I keep my inks in a dark place at room temps.

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
nice container, i use a coffee container w handle for my 4oz bottles and refill over a pink plastic tub

see http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4450 for pics and more info

2709_2709_100_0920_large_medium.jpg

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Printers: Canon MP830, IP4500, MX700, MX860, MP980
Method: German Durchstich Method
Ink: Hobbicolors ink, PMT-BK, UW8
Misc: Squeeze bottles - so much easier than syringes

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Rod, do we dare suggest to Joseph that microwave the inks for 15 secs before using? Now I understand why you wear your sunglasses at home all the time!!

Seriuosly, Joseph, there is no real need to store your squeeze bottles in the frig, it's fine for the larger bulk containers. The working range for the inks is more typical of 60-95 degs and humidity of 20-80%. Epson states 59-77 degs and 40-60% for optimum results.

Your typical frig temp is 35-40 degs, perfect for bulk storage. And yes, I have suggested microwaving your 'cold' ink when refilling a squeeze bottle! This brought an interesting array of comments from the community as my friend Rod, from down under can attest to. Now if you are storing bulk pigment ink in the frig the 'door shaking' is a definite plus-keeps the pigment particles from clumping.

I love your protective container (actually I love what was in it even more), I'm using a circular plastic food tub with a tight seal. It's not as classy.

Enjoy, irv weiner

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Irv I would have suggested microwaving for 30 secs which is just long enough to drink a can of beer. Yes Joseph we all thought Irv was mad when he suggested putting our inks in the microwave but after seeing how my prints glowed in the dark after printing with them I'm now a big fan:)

ruffin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 730
Another Squeeze bottle storage facility

4795_img_2205.jpg