Contact sheet printing advice please

sam21

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi guys can I ask for a little advice please.

I am at the moments scanning quite a lot of 35mm slides from the 80s and because there are loads of them I would like to print a contact sheet of all the slides.

After the scan I am naming then with the date the slides were taken if the date is on the slide mounts if not I am just naming them Img 01 img 02 and so on.

What I want to do is sort them in alphabetical order IE June 1980 before July 1980 and because I have several slides all taken in one month I have named them August 1980 (1) August 1980 (2) and August 1980 (3) and so on so how do I get these to print in date order.

I am using a canon printer and the easy photo print and I also have Photoshop elements but nether off these will print as I would like

So can someone please tell me how to do this please?

:D

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The freeware program "Picasa" is very much about organizing photos. Maybe it can be used to sort and print your thumbnails?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The ubiquitous Qimage can do it with full flexibility of specifying the contact sheet details. You specify the contact sheet info when defining the print size dropdown under Custom.

Free download as a limited time trial.

The classic old one has 30 days..the ultimate 14 days. If used as a print manager, the classic is sufficient for many people.

http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/