John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
The Canon instructions are:

PIXMA MG5350 Wireless WPS Connection Method
Step 1
Make sure that the printer is turned on.
Press & hold the [Wi-Fi] button on the top of the printer until the alarm lamp flashes once.
Step 2
Make sure that the lamp next to this button starts to flash blue and then go to your access point and press the [WPS] button within 2 minutes.
The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer will continue flashing while searching, and the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash when connecting to the access point.
When the printer has successfully made a connection to your wireless network, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.

However, my MG5350 does not have a wifi button. Is there an alternative sequence using the red triangle button?

Last edited:

Tony4597

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Surecolor SC P800
AFAIK all of the newer Canon printers have WiFi connection. I suspect that the instruction is a translation problem and the button reference missed the point that you need to select WiFi/Network in the menu.

Does this vid help?

James Mike

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6270;G3010
I can't recall if the x25 generation (mg5350/mg6270 etc) has the exact menu system as the x50 printers but i remember it being similar barring differing key layout (on the lower end models) or touch based navigation on the higher end models. It may be worth exploring whether a similar option exists on your printer.

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
I can't recall if the x25 generation (mg5350/mg6270 etc) has the exact menu system as the x50 printers but i remember it being similar barring differing key layout (on the lower end models) or touch based navigation on the higher end models. It may be worth exploring whether a similar option exists on your printer.

Many thanks to both of you. I found that option on the printer on-screen menu and followed the instructions. After pressing the WPS button on the router, the printer duly searched for it but was unable to pick it up. Unfortunately, the router is separated from the printer by two walls and this may be inhibiting its ability to locate it.

There is, however, on the menu, the ability to connect via LAN. It requires putting in a passphrase via the little keyboard on the screen and I have done this in the past but cannot remember where to find the passphrase. Would it be on the router setup details page?

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
An update. I went to my router online data pages and there it was - a system for remote pairing from the page. Set the printer up, pressed the appropriate button on the router page and, bingo, all done in less than a minute. I still can't quite believe that it was that easy. But all power to my Vodafone router for having that facility.

Thanks again from one happy bunny.