conecolor ink is dull on my epson 1400

coonasty

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
printed several different pics comparing epson's ink vs inkjetmall's conecolor ink on my epson stylus photo 1400. using same settings and same paper the epson ink is much more vibrant and closer to match what i see after adjustments in lightroom. the conecolor ink being very dull would be the best way to describe what im looking at. not really a good looking print at all. im sure there's something that im missing that fixes this. any info would be much appreciated. TIA

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Aren't you using Cone Color PIGMENT inks on your 1400? They do not have dye inks. So of course they appear different than OEM Dye inks.
On the 1400 pigments inks can be sued but I would never do so. You will have to have custom ICC profiles for those inks downloaded from their site ( if they are even there ), install them and then learn how to incorporate them in a color mangement work flow.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I use Precision Colors pigments in my 1400, looks good even without a profile. He also supplied many profiles for many kinds of popular papers. You can set up the 1400 driver to use a profile all the time if you wish.