Completely Dead Maxify and what worked

RWL

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I have an MB 2120 that's about 23 months old. I leave it turned on all of the time. It's winter here so it's unusual to have thunder storms, but we had one. It was at night and wasn't severe and our power wasn't out as far as I can tell. In the morning when I came down the lights were off on the printer. Pressing and holding the power button didn't turn it on. Tried a different outlet, plugged and unplugged the power cord briefly, all without effect. I ran across thread in a forum elsewhere on the net and it suggested unplugging the cord for at least a minute. Bingo. That did the trick. I got lucky and am posting this as a potential aid to someone else. I couldn't find a similar thread on the topic here at PrinterKnowledge. There is a thread elsewhere where some owners pulled the power supply out of their Canon (non-Maxify) printers and gave some additional data on troubleshooting power boards. The thread is located here: https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-wont-power-on-tried-everything.167464/ Good luck for others who encounter this problem. Anybody else here have this experience and come up with a different fix?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have an MB 2120 that's about 23 months old. I leave it turned on all of the time. It's winter here so it's unusual to have thunder storms,
The moral of this story above… Never leave your printer on 24/7, use the auto off function in the printer properties to set time off, it will prove a winner if there are any issues with the external power supply..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
The moral of this story above… Never leave your printer on 24/7, use the auto off function in the printer properties to set time off, it will prove a winner if there are any issues with the external power supply..
Besides it is an unnecessary standby electric consumption, I suppose it adds to the wear of the power supply (although when switched off the capacitors probably also are under charge).

BTW pulling the plug is the only way to remove a cartridge before the printer declares it empty.
Except for a warning I didn't observe any harm.

Glad your printer works again :thumbsup

RWL

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I stand corrected. I have left the last two printers on full time based on something that was recommended here in the past. I doubt I could find that any more. I don't think it was in the long post on Maxify printers that Palombian started a year or so ago. I think it long predates that and may have had something to do with the printer going through a purge cycle every time you turn it on but I'm no longer sure of the reason. LIke you guys, I've been refilling a long time - all the way back to the first monochrome bubble jet printers so I've picked up little tidbits along the way.