Compatible inks for different printers

lffoar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS6360a
Hi all,
I recently posted here re my IP4850 and flashing lights which meant doom for that printer so she went in the bin!
I then bought an MX726 and usually buy compatible refillable cartridges to save some $$'s.
My question is:
I have a lot of ink which was suitable for the IP4850 and wondering if I could use that in the new MX726 or are there reasons for not doing so?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you’ve been using compatible carts in your MX726 already, then there is no reason you can’t use your old existing stock of inks from the iP4850.

But you might find it some what harder to refill the new MX726 carts, there’re not as easy, plus it’s better to use the OEM XL carts, than to buy new refillable compatible carts, don’t be tempted to refill the prefilled compatibles...

lffoar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS6360a
Hi Hat,
I may be wrong, (I usually am according to the Minister of war and finance), but I thought as the cartridges are much the same type, the procedure for refilling the MX726 would be the same as I have done in the past with the ip4850. OEM's are pretty expensive.
These are the ones I've used in the past with no problems.
The MT refillables are around $A10 a set and the full ones $A8, both with ARC's. I don't want to waste the ink I have left but I don't want to
wreck the printer either....what are your thoughts?

Capture.PNG Capture 1.PNG

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The refillable carts look ok and will work just fine, but you’ll need to keep an eye on them because you’ll start to get ink starvation with them after a few refills, the PGI-650 type carts should never be refilled once they become empty...
It's "The Hat"....:D

Technician

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iX6850
@ The Hat,

Where's the problem with refilling the 650 cartridges ? can they not be reset or is it just not worth the hassle.

lffoar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS6360a
Thanks "Hat", I'll use the refillables until I run out of ink and then rethink things. They are cheap enough and I normally only use them two or three times anyway. As the "technician" asked......is there a reason to not refill the PGI-650's?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Yes, there is, and simply put, there’re pure crap for refilling, :smackand if you like your printer then you won’t be tempted... :hu
Sorry for been so blunt, but someone must be...:hide

lffoar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS6360a
Sooooo, are you saying only the PGI-650 black should not be refilled but the CLI-651 colours are OK?
I'm curious if it's only the PGI-650's......why? Is black different ink? Or something else?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Sooooo, are you saying only the PGI-650 black should not be refilled but the CLI-651 colours are OK?
I'm curious if it's only the PGI-650's......why? Is black different ink? Or something else?
Let me start again by clarifying the situation, just in case I’ve not been to good with my explanations, all aftermarket carts should never be refilled,
Like these in Pic.

and these refillable carts
are quite acceptable to use, but caution is still needed when using them...