[color] profiler V.20 powered by ArgyllCMS. It's got me beat!

NackJich

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Z3200PS
Hi people. I'm a new kid on this profiling block. Wonder if anyone can help me troubleshoot why things are not working
I downloaded this utility for it's graphic interface. I created a directory on c:\ ..C:\Argyll_V2.2.0. In it there are folders bin doc ref usb and licence log readme files.
I also created an Argyll temp folder.

I'm not sure if I can post an image since it's my first post but I'll try..
Yes!!
When I run targen which is the first option, all I get is a paused Command window. Where am I going wrong? Thank you
2021-05-09 18_21_57-Argyll temp.png

NackJich

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Z3200PS
To answer my own question. I think I have worked this out. The idea is you set all the desired parameters for each of the stages, and then open a command window, and copy and paste the contents of the box into it. I was overthinking the powers of this utility. Anyhow I know I'm going to find it very useful now that the pennies have dropped!!

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
What is the name of this utility

Garry611

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
Hi people. I'm a new kid on this profiling block. Wonder if anyone can help me troubleshoot why things are not working
I downloaded this utility for it's graphic interface. I created a directory on c:\ ..C:\Argyll_V2.2.0. In it there are folders bin doc ref usb and licence log readme files.
I also created an Argyll temp folder.

I'm not sure if I can post an image since it's my first post but I'll try..
Yes!!
When I run targen which is the first option, all I get is a paused Command window. Where am I going wrong? Thank you
View attachment 12133
On the main screen, you need to identify where the executable folder is. I believe it is the first field on the screen. Then you select generate and Execute on the targen screen. Assuming it could write the batch file to the temp folder, it executes the file from there. Check that there are batch files in the temp folder. The program is a vast improvement over hand edited batch files.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just as a thought you may not have the app in the right directory or the PATH variable isn't updated to include the Argyll executable.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
What is the name of this utility ui for argyll?

Tony4597

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Surecolor SC P800
To answer my own question. I think I have worked this out. The idea is you set all the desired parameters for each of the stages, and then open a command window, and copy and paste the contents of the box into it. I was overthinking the powers of this utility. Anyhow I know I'm going to find it very useful now that the pennies have dropped!!
No need to open a command window this is handled using the Execute command:
Step 1
1.Select Targen to generate a target
2 Define all your requirements
3 Select a target Base name for output file this will add a .ti1 extension e.g. test.ti1 to a folder of your choice
Example of Generate window :
@C:\ArgyllCMS\Argyll_V2.1.2\bin\targen -v1 -d2 -G -e4 -B0 -s21 -g21 -f0 -w -W "C:\Users\Tony\Desktop\test"
@pause
4 Execute button will open a CMD window and save your .ti1 file to your chosen folder

Step 2. Print your target
1. Select your Presets for instrument and fill in all required information
2. Base namer for input/output select your previous test e.g. test.ti1
3. Click Generate then Execute
4. A command window will open showing successful operation and your file is ready to print prior to using Chartread to measure you newly printed chart

Attachments

• Targen.jpg
    Targen.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Printarg.jpg
    Printarg.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 110

Tony4597

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Surecolor SC P800
Oops, that’s embarrassing as first reply was to a 2 year old post.🙄. Hope the link at least helpful

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Oops, that’s embarrassing as first reply was to a 2 year old post.🙄. Hope the link at least helpful
It it's stupid and it works (or is helpful), it ain't stupid..

That and we all do "embarrassing" here... Some are more "experienced" than others... :hu :fl