color management

sydneysnana

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:pWow, it's a new year and I want to learn........ While googling I found this forum, and although it is far beyond me, it looks like a knowledgable place. I've read the sticky and many posts on the Photoshop Elements forum I use. Finding it a challenge to figuare out how to even word a question......

I have a Canon iP3500 printer (paper and ink as well) , and use Photoshop Elements 5 to print pictures from. I was trying to understand the settings for color management. I found this window in the PSE and don't know what the options for Canon mean???
http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1jRFGtND9z4kQEhVrfQZmEfWEWhKRI

I've also tried printing a picture with different printing options ie. using PSE and disabling printer driver and the other way around.
Guess before I waste more time going in circles thought I'd try asking questions.
Thanks
Michelle:rolleyes:

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)

sydneysnana

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for the direction!!! I had that link pulled up, just did'nt get far enough into it. This helps me start.
This ICC profile on Canon is dated Aug. 03. That's still good???
Michelle

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
sydneysnana said:
This ICC profile on Canon is dated Aug. 03. That's still good???
Some of the newer software may have slightly different screens, but the basics haven't changed. For example, the "GL" paper type has been added.