Code to run nozzle check from batch file

Photographic Memory

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100S
Recently reinstalled my PC and watched what I put on it, it is now free of all "junk" software, insanely fast for a cheap laptop, boots up and starts (Windows Explorer) almost immediately on boot. Highly recommend to anyone that hasn't reinstalled for a while (years) to reinstall from fresh and notice the difference!

Photographic Memory

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100S
That's the spirit, good boy, totally acceptable behavior! That is to be commended. Top marks! We value your compliance.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
That is part of the "dupe"… "this is a security announcement", "for your security"...
Even now I don't trust anti-virus software, they themselves are "in on it". I merely use my computer for Printing/Graphic Design, have the necessary software installed and that's it. Not even connected to the Internet for the most part. It's all good, 20 years in this game, not "security breach" yet
Viruses are an unpleasant fact and there’s no getting away from them, and EVERYBODY should play their part at keeping the risk to a minimum, by installing the latest Anti-Virus software and keeping their O/S updated.

But as you say if you’re not connected to the Internet, then there is no need for any Anti-Virus software or Updates for that matter, some use Win XP in this way and are perfectly safe to do so.

But if you are connected to the WWW, then it’s essential for both the user and all others to protect themselves from all malicious attacks, and that’s why Updates are so important, and no Anti-Virus Software are not in on it.

Remember a Virus is something you only have to get ONCE, and hearsay won’t protect you...

Photographic Memory

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100S
Viruses are an unpleasant fact and there’s no getting away from them, and EVERYBODY should play their part at keeping the risk to a minimum, by installing the latest Anti-Virus software and keeping their O/S updated.

But as you say if you’re not connected to the Internet, then there is no need for any Anti-Virus software or Updates for that matter, some use Win XP in this way and are perfectly safe to do so.

But if you are connected to the WWW, then it’s essential for both the user and all others to protect themselves from all malicious attacks, and that’s why Updates are so important, and no Anti-Virus Software are not in on it.

Remember a Virus is something you only have to get ONCE, and hearsay won’t protect you...

I wholeheartedly agree. It's just I have noticed a complete bait n switch agenda with this whole internet today.
Used to run Norton, Adaware, all that good stuff. Today there are articles that point out these very softwares install "pups" themselves. Tried to install (Adaware and a few others) the other day on the freshly reinstalled Win7. Guess what, they tried to install addition KB's.

But even worse, check this out @hat… I noticed wi-fi kept switching itself on! Even though I had it off. Turns out Microsoft have backdoor'ed something called 'Microsoft Virtual Wi-fi' adapter that you can't uninstall and it'll connect even if you don't have wi-fi yourself. Those m***** f******s!

They just don't get it, some of us don't blindly follow technology and accept whatever "they" tell us we need. No siree. This here Photographic Memory uses his computer, he won't allow his computer to use him.

I have since uninstalled the wi-fi driver and haven't mysteriously connected to internet yet. Or not that the symbol at the bottom right has told me. Who knows. Be aware. This is serious. That's why I now have the Pro-100S connected via USB. Apparently the 'S' is for "improved wifi" or what-have-you. I don't care, I have what I need, my computer, it works, that's why I bought it. Years ago. No NEED for any "upgrades/updates/security/enhancements/features" I am already good!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Maybe 10 years ago an adware blocker named "Ad-Aware" was popular. Some "clever" persons wrote an adware program and named it "Adaware" to take advantage of the similar names. Adaware is an unwanted program.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
'Microsoft Virtual Wi-fi' adapter that you can't uninstall
I have since uninstalled the wi-fi driver
That's one solution. Did you do a Google search to see if there are other solutions? Read the following links fully on how to permanently disable the Hotspot adapter.

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...t-adapter-permanantly?forum=w7itpronetworking

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledg...i-miniport-adapter-issue-on-windows-7-solved/

https://www.techperiod.com/enable-microsoft-virtual-wifi-miniport-adapter/

Interestingly, one link I read was from someone who upgraded from Win 8.x to Win 10 and the adapter was missing or disabled after the upgrade. I have also read that the adapter is disabled by default on installation of the OS.

it'll connect even if you don't have wi-fi yourself
The wireless virtual adapter connects using a nonexistent WiFi card in a device that cannot do wireless? Or, the wireless virtual adapter in a wireless capable device connects to someone else's unencrypted wireless signal automatically without you ever requesting the connection?

Last edited:

Photographic Memory

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100S
KB Microsoft update files. You can find Microsoft tech forums online, developers themselves openly discussing amongst themselves sinister things (installing hidden kb's that operate as telemetry and such). Anyways I started installing one of these Malwarebytes, Bit whatever and yep, it said it was fetching a kb or some s***

I am so tired, no sleep, staring at screen all day printing and was up all night refilling my first batch of CLI-42's and one CLI-8 :p

Gotta cook. I am burnt out here!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
KB Microsoft update files. You can find Microsoft tech forums online, developers themselves openly discussing amongst themselves sinister things (installing hidden kb's that operate as telemetry and such).
I would like to read further on this. Please post a link(s) as I was unable to find something from my cursory search.