Code to run nozzle check from batch file

paulcroft

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Hi All
I recall some time ago copying a batch file script from this site to run a printer nozzle check so I could easily run one from a desktop shortcut - rather than going through the rigmarole of doing this via the Control Panel. However, I've managed to lose the shortcut and cannot locate the script. Can anyone here assist?
Many thanks

paulcroft

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100

Photographic Memory

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100S
@William Seaward
Many thanks, works like a charm. I love that the instructions and code in that thread are 8 years old now but they needed no amendation. I shall be mightily upset when I eventually have to run windows10. I'm still on win 7 64 bit and it just works.

Erm, why would you EVER "have to" run Windows 10? Windows 7 for life! The last of the Freedom, and even then I am noticing strange happenings with Windows 7 lately (Wi-fi automatically turning on at random times, something that has never happened before. Turns out to be a 'Microsoft Virtual Wi-fi Adapter' that cannot be installed for example? Wtf! )

paulcroft

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Well it would be lovely to think that I won't have to upgrade from win 7 but the realist within me tells me that Microsoft will eventually stop patching win 7 (I think they've said that happens in 2020)and, after that, it will become impractical to continue unless someone can guarantee my continued safety on the internet.

Photographic Memory

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100S
That is part of the "dupe"… "this is a security announcement", "for your security"...

I have and continue to do so after 10 years OS's as they are (barring perhaps the initial "necessary" upgrades) and have not once experienced a "security breach".
By all means, some software updates to fix bugs, add features, but equally I have experienced bugs being introduced, features taken away. My philosophy is is it works then why fix it if it ain't broken?
Each to their own, but you yourself are expressing apprehension over "imminent mandatory future "upgrading".
If ever we are "forced" into notoriously intrusive software then there is always alternatives such as Linux.
I maintain the old adage that a computer is to be used, not that we are to be used by computers.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
One of the reasons I went Mac 8 years ago after growing up with MS DOs and then windows. 8 Years later my iMac is still pretty fast, in that time I would have "upgraded" my PC'at least twice to keep up with the every increasing demands of the next "Windoze" version ;)

Photographic Memory

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100S
I went the flip route, having grown up on Mac in the 90's for about 10 years (G3, Cube, etc) the past (next) 10 years have been pure Windows PC. Cost has probably been the main reason, but also not being locked in to 'Mac-only', even though not Linux, is still more freeing, up to a point.
And that point ceases to exist once (IF) one ever enters into Wimdows 10. From then on whatever freedom you had prior is now gone.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Isn’t it marvellous to have choices, without Windows you’d have no PC’s or Mac’s for that matter, so be very thankful to Bill and co...

P.S. A Virus is something you only have to get ONCE...

Photographic Memory

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100S
For sure, had my fair share of viruses (viri? ) but it's usually Anti-virus / malware software that takes care of it, not "security updates". Even now I don't trust anti-virus software, they themselves are "in on it". I merely use my computer for Printing/Graphic Design, have the necessary software installed and that's it. Not even connected to the Internet for the most part. It's all good, 20 years in this game, not "security breach" yet :)