Clogged Cannon i560 Printhead question

donnonm

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Tried to unclog Printhead by soaking in 1/2 inch of warm distilled water overnight. Printer now powers on and only displays 5 yellow and one green flashes

I cleaned the contacts, let sit unplugged overnight, went through the sequences with the power and resume buttons - no change.

Did soaking it that long ruin the printhead? Any other things I can try? Anything to check if I dissassembled it?

Thanks, Don

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
The soaking probably isn't what ruined the printhead. It probably got ruined by putting it back in the printer while the electronics was still wet. This is the main reason I don't recommend removing the printhead from the printer to try to unclog it. The printer is designed to unclog its printhead with minumum risk. I have damaged two printheads by removing them from the printer to unclog them. I sympathize.

You should be aware that a damaged printhead can damage the electronics in the printer and if this happens, the printer can also damage another printhead so you will be taking a risk if you try other printheads in your printer or by putting your printhead into another printer.

The safest thing to do now is have an authorized repair shop work on it but that may not be the most cost-effective thing to do. Unfortunately, the i560 is no longer available (or any other Canon printer that uses the unchipped cartridges except used ones if you're lucky enough to find one), so you have a tough decision to make now.

Sorry this has to be your first experience on the forum.