CLI8 Resetter problem

Kefp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
TS9020, Pro100
I have 2 CLI8 resetters, the original red one (bought it when the price was sky high) and a blue one. Both seem to have a hard time resetting a cartridge nowadays. It takes a lot of mucking around to get a cart reset, unlike when they 1st arrived. I have changed the batteries in both cases to no avail.

Anybody has a similar issue?

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
I've encountered the issue myself. Wiping the contacts with dry tissue fixes it in the 80% of the cases. For the rest, I let the cartridge sit in the drawer and when I get back to it after some days it resets fine.

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
Kefp said:
I have 2 CLI8 resetters, the original red one (bought it when the price was sky high) and a blue one. Both seem to have a hard time resetting a cartridge nowadays. It takes a lot of mucking around to get a cart reset, unlike when they 1st arrived. I have changed the batteries in both cases to no avail.

Anybody has a similar issue?
Haven't had a problem so far and must have reset over 100 carts. Like you I bought the redsetter when it first came out for over 30. Only problem I've had has been a couple of carts which reset ok but my printer wouldn't recognise them. Put this down to faulty chips rather than the resetter though.

Kefp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
TS9020, Pro100
No joy with the cleaning etc.

Got another redsetter in today. Works a charm as before.

ruffin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 730
I too had problem resetting with Redsetter device (original).
I discovered simple solution was to wipe CHIP contacts with rubbing alcohol ,
just once over with saturated piece of paper towel and then drying with paper towel.
Works every time, with no mucking around. Just insert cartridge and resets first try.