Cli quick and easy refill

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
attached is a link to a video on youtube to refill and reset the cli cartridges. this has been made for the benefit of anyone new to refilling canon cartridges as most participants are already familiar with this method .the storage clip being used provides a tight seal making filling and storage very easy with no mess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgLcpnTZubg

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thats all very well but where do you get the storage clip from?!

Also I always fill up and use immediately, I don't wait overnight!

The only difference I do is I drill the hole further back and I wear a plastic glove and grip and hold the cartridge whilst holding and thus sealing the exit sponge hole.

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
this is where i got the clips from
http://www.inkjetsaver.com/ for $1.00 each look in the tools tab, the purpose of the clips are 2 fold, to act as a storage device and to make a tight seal when filling, most people have a second set of cartridges already filled, when needed you just swap the cartridge and refill at your leisure

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
DomtheMon said:
Thats all very well but where do you get the storage clip from?!

Also I always fill up and use immediately, I don't wait overnight!

The only difference I do is I drill the hole further back and I wear a plastic glove and grip and hold the cartridge whilst holding and thus sealing the exit sponge hole.
I have done it with the "finger on the outlet" before.There are a couple of advantages to having a way to store FULL cartridges:
(1)It's nice to have a set ready for quick exchange,then you can refill at your leisure.
(2)Some think the printhead may dry out if left sitting while doing refills as you suggest(fill/use immediately).
(3)On many Canon printers,the printhead will move to park position and you have to go through moving it back to the center to remove/replace cartridges.

That said,I MUCH prefer the German method.If I get all my refill items ready,I can refill the 5 cartridges in my MP780 in less than 5 minutes.So the above problems are moot.And I don't have to worry about storage,which has it's own set of issues for refillers.

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
everyone has thier preferred method, options are always good keep the ink flowing

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
mrelmo said:
everyone has thier preferred method, options are always good keep the ink flowing
Definitely.The method is immaterial as long as we sucessfully continue to REFILL!

jrego7

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
where can you pickup those silicon plugs?

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
i got them from alotofthings but they closed up. i have looked all over for them to no avail, i am sure alotofthings has a supply left over but i can't get in contact with them any more, they might even tell who thier supplier was. if any one has a contact for alotofthings i would appreciate it, as i have emailed them, called the phone # and recently mailed them a us postal letter.

brokenjack

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I already posted about this, but, if you use the Office Depot refilled cartridges, they come with a black clip that snaps on to the cartridge for storing. They can also be reset, since they are canon oem cartridges. I'm new at refilliing, so if this is old news, sorry bout that.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
mrelmo said:
i got them from alotofthings but they closed up. i have looked all over for them to no avail, i am sure alotofthings has a supply left over but i can't get in contact with them any more, they might even tell who thier supplier was. if any one has a contact for alotofthings i would appreciate it, as i have emailed them, called the phone # and recently mailed them a us postal letter.
Silicone plugs are available from PrecisionColors (the larger size, 5/32", for the original fill port) and Hobbicolors (the smaller size, 1/8", for a hole that you make).
They sometimes only come as part of a kit, so be prepared to buy ink if you want these plugs.