Cli cartridge clips

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
i don't normally plug a company or product but since i returned to refilling from the reservior side of the cartridges (previously using the german method) i found this cartridge clip from another post. not only is it a very good way for storing cartridges, it helps when filling as you no longer need to use your finger to cover the exit port. you place the cartridge in the clip remove which ever plug method you use and inject the ink as the silicone pad in the clip is a tight fit there is no leaking of the ink, the company is compubiz inkjet http://www.inkjetsaver.com/tools.html
they sell the clips for 99 cents as you can see in the photo there is a silicone pad on the left side

2123_img_0025.jpg

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
mrelmo,

the sponge looks completely oversaturated. There is even a layer of ink floating above the sponge. The will certainly gives problems when printing and alot of dripping.......The only good way is to fill the ink compartment half, then close the vent hole above the sponge area with your finger tightly, then fill up to to full and close with the plug immediately. The sponge must be only saturated 50-75% to ensure the natural underpressure.

I think most people (maybe 70-80 %) forget the necessity of an undersaturated sponge to obtain optimal printing results and then they are complaining that refillling gives bad results.....

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Mrelmo
I am glad you had good luck with the cartridge holders from Inkjipsaver.com; but I did not.

I ordered 4 thin holders and one wide holder and none would accept a Canon ink cartridge.

The craftsmanship of the clear polystyrene plastic holders was terrible and every one was molded differently. It cost me $10 shipping both ways to find out Inkjipsaver sells a bunch of junk.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The best clips are the orange caps that come with the OEM Canon tanks. They are precise and the silicone pad is soft enough to effect a seal. Ones that work on BCI-3s will work on PGI-5s and similarly the ones that work with the BCI-6 will also work on the CLI-8.

If you need something to seal the outlets, then consider that with the abundance of inexpensive compatible BCI-3 as well as BCI-6 tanks floating around, it may be advantageous to acquire some of those strictly for the caps if they use caps for sealing. Not all do, so please check before purchasing. These caps are ideal for storage as well as for blocking the outlet when refilling and makes for a mess free and extremely quick refill.

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
this cartridge was 1 of the reasons i went back to filling from the reservior side, as you can see the sponge was filling completely, another reason was that the sponge had moved on 2 other cartridges, as there is no perfect method for everyone this is what works well for me, however i have used this cartridge several times without any issues, as far as using the clear clips, you just need to make sure the cartridge is fully forward before locking it into place

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
mrelmo,

I have one of this acrylic clip cartridge holder which I absolutely love to use for refill as it provide an air-tight seal much better than the orange cap that came with canon oem cartridge. Even since I owned one of this acrylic clip, I no longer use the orange cap to seal the exit port during refill. I would recommend those who new to refill canon cli-8/BCI-3/5/6 cartridges that reside in US who have easy access to these clip and if it does not cost you alot, to get these acrylic clip to faciliate with your refilling even though they are not really necessary if you have the original canon orange cap but it's something very useful and nice to have. I wish I had this where I live at a reasonable price as I really wanted to get a few more of this acrylic clip. I wanted change all my existing orange caps which I used to seal the additional cartridges. Even though it cost $0.99 from inkjetsaver, it will become expensive for me after factoring into the currency conversion and shipping.

Ron350 said:
Mrelmo
I am glad you had good luck with the cartridge holders from Inkjipsaver.com; but I did not.

I ordered 4 thin holders and one wide holder and none would accept a Canon ink cartridge.

The craftsmanship of the clear polystyrene plastic holders was terrible and every one was molded differently. It cost me $10 shipping both ways to find out Inkjipsaver sells a bunch of junk.
Ron350

I don't know why this clip didn't work for you. In order to make the cartridges fit into the acrylic holder, you need to ensure the front positioning tab(a) sits under the elongated plastic tab(b) of acrylic holder.

click to enlarge image

Mine is only one standard size. The same acrylic holder can be used to hold the CLI-8/PGI-5 cartridges. Not too sure why yours were different that it has 2 sizes where one is a thinner and another is a broader version.

sang13451

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Would refilling process inside a vacuum chamber will solve this oversaturation problem.
I believe under vacuum bubbles will break and give space for more ink

mrelmo said:
i don't normally plug a company or product but since i returned to refilling from the reservior side of the cartridges (previously using the german method) i found this cartridge clip from another post. not only is it a very good way for storing cartridges, it helps when filling as you no longer need to use your finger to cover the exit port. you place the cartridge in the clip remove which ever plug method you use and inject the ink as the silicone pad in the clip is a tight fit there is no leaking of the ink, the company is compubiz inkjet http://www.inkjetsaver.com/tools.html
they sell the clips for 99 cents as you can see in the photo there is a silicone pad on the left side

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/uploads/2123_img_0025.jpg