CLI-8 PM Cart Flow Problem

Digital10d

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi all

I may have a flow problem on a CLI-8 PM cart in my Pro9000. The sponge does not look that saturated, however gently blowing in the air vent will push ink out of the outlet. I refill using German method using OEM carts. If I refill the cart its OK for a time and then starts to give me grieve. All other carts are fine. My question is if I pull this cart in order to purge, dry and refill, it will take me the best part of a day, is it OK to leave the printer without a cart in it for this length of time ? Do not have any spare carts. If so should I pull the power so the head stays in refill position ?

Many thanks in advance.

Pete.

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
You'll be fine. I've had them out of my pro9000 for a day for a purge and dry with no ill effects I didn't even have to run a head clean.

When you close the lid it will park the print head. One day should pose no problem.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Also another good idea is a few minutes before installing the cartridge to put a couple drops of windex on the metal screen. This will dissolve any ink that may have dried with the cartridge removed and also clean the print head as the printer primes itself.

Digital10d

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have just had a look again at all the carts and apart from the PM the lower sponges look dark, saturated with ink. The PM cart's sponge looks much paler. At the moment its printing fine so I well wait and see, but good to know that if necessary it's no problem to leave the printer without the cart while I purge it and refill. Many thanks for the info.