CLI-42 Setup cartridges

paulcroft

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Here's something I've not noticed before: the OE cartridges that come with the PRO-100 are labelled setup cartridges. Why would that be if? As I understand it there is no difference between the original cartridges and subsequent ones. Just a thought ...

Attachments

• IMG_1172-2.jpg
    IMG_1172-2.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 324

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@paulcroft, but there is a difference, the setup carts that come with the printer, have a problem when they are reset using the Redsetter, you then can’t use Canon My Image Garden till you get a brand new set of carts..

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Here's something I've not noticed before: the OE cartridges that come with the PRO-100 are labelled setup cartridges. Why would that be if? As I understand it there is no difference between the original cartridges and subsequent ones. Just a thought ...

My Pro 100 came with the same same setup carts, which as far as I could see were externally and operationally the same as replacement OEM carts except for the SETUP label.

I did notice that when resetting these SETUP carts the ink monitoring was somewhat imprecise. Typically gong from Full to Empty with only one intermediate graduation, and not very accurate measurements.

Because I had to disable ink monitoring until the REdSETTER became available it is possible the monitoring problem is related to disabling ink monitoring and not the setup carts.

rs

paulcroft

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
@The Hat
>> there is a difference, the setup carts that come with the printer, have a problem when they are reset using the Redsetter, you then can’t use Canon My Image Garden till you get a brand new set of carts.. <<

Oh, well that's alright then, that's one piece of Canon software I never use having given it the once over; I do all my printing through DPP, Photoshop or Lightroom.

@rs

>> I did notice that when resetting these SETUP carts the ink monitoring was somewhat imprecise. Typically gong from Full to Empty with only one intermediate graduation, and not very accurate measurements.

Because I had to disable ink monitoring until the REdSETTER became available it is possible the monitoring problem is related to disabling ink monitoring and not the setup carts. <<

Thanks for the heads up Roy, I'll keep a look out but I'll refill the same way I always did, filling all carts up as soon as I'm warned that one is running low, so I don't anticipate this will cause me too much trouble.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@paulcroft

There is an easy and visually clearer way to quote another person's post while informing them you are "speaking" to them directly at the same time instead of manually typing "@" and their name. You use either Quote or Reply, and there is more than one way to do it.

First off, you can click on either "Quote" or "Reply" found at the bottom right in the post you want to quote from. For instance, if I click "Reply" in your post numbered #4 in this thread I will get the following quote inserted in my new post:

@The Hat
>> there is a difference, the setup carts that come with the printer, have a problem when they are reset using the Redsetter, you then can’t use Canon My Image Garden till you get a brand new set of carts.. <<

Oh, well that's alright then, that's one piece of Canon software I never use having given it the once over; I do all my printing through DPP, Photoshop or Lightroom.

@rs

>> I did notice that when resetting these SETUP carts the ink monitoring was somewhat imprecise. Typically gong from Full to Empty with only one intermediate graduation, and not very accurate measurements.

Because I had to disable ink monitoring until the REdSETTER became available it is possible the monitoring problem is related to disabling ink monitoring and not the setup carts. <<

Thanks for the heads up Roy, I'll keep a look out but I'll refill the same way I always did, filling all carts up as soon as I'm warned that one is running low, so I don't anticipate this will cause me too much trouble.

Note that this method resulted in quoting the entire post.

The second way to add a quote or some quotes is to use your mouse to highlight the specific text of someone else's post you want to insert into your new post, right mouse button click over the highlighted text and choose either "Quote" or "Reply". This will insert only the highlighted portion - the desired quote - and not the entire post as happened in the first method. Pretty handy and looks good to boot.

One more thing, if you are wondering how this will look before clicking on "Post Reply", ie a sort of Print Preview, then click on "More Options..." button on the bottom right (next to "Post Reply and Upload File). On the following page click on "Preview" on the bottom right. Viola. You can then either Post Reply, make corrections or go back a page(s) without changing or deleting anything. Nice flexibility from forum owner @Nifty .

paulcroft

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
There is an easy and visually clearer way to quote another person's post while informing them you are "speaking" to them directly at the same time instead of manually typing "@" and their name. You use either Quote or Reply, and there is more than one way to do it.

Yes, you're right, I must move with the times. My method dates back to the early nineties and it's about time I updated my methodology.

On the following page click on "Preview" on the bottom right. Viola.

Or 'Voila' ;)

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
I did notice that when resetting these SETUP carts the ink monitoring was somewhat imprecise. Typically gong from Full to Empty with only one intermediate graduation, and not very accurate measurements.

I have noticed that sometimes the ink monitoring will go from full to low with no gradations in between. I just wrote that off as printing a few images that favored that one color. Currently, I have 3 sets that I rotate... and this only happened a couple of times.