Cleaning Syringe after refill

poona888

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question for cleaning the refill syringe. What is the method to clean the syringe after refill dye ink and pigment ink? I only use water to clean the syringe after I refill the dye ink. I just bought a pigment ink printer and I do not have experience on how to clean the syringe after refill pigment ink. Can someone can share the info and tips?

Thanks

Arthur

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I have always used water for my dye based and pigment ink---what I usually do is to refill in a stainless steel sink--I have a container of water
in the bottom of the sink---after I am done with a given ink---I dip my syringe needle into the water container--suck up some water---and then
eject what I sucked up down the drain---usually three repeitions of that will show no remaining ink color when I suck up water---and I can then proceed to the next ink color or just pack the kit until I am ready to refill again.

Were I worried about the small amount of water than remained in the needle itself, I could remove that needle and blow that out---or use a solvent
other than water. So far, I have perceived no need for anything more elaborate than just plain water.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I admit I don't clean out my syringes.... ever. I have a different syringe for every color, including pigment black. I try to make sure all the ink is out of the syringe before I put it away, and maybe I should give each a quick rinse, but I've not had a problem attributed to this process yet.