Cleaning print head - post cleaning fluid actions?

Roberto Smith

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon
I've used a cleaning kit to flush out my Canon Pixma Pro 100s print head after a couple of the channels kept getting blocked. I'm at the final stages of cleaning it but nothing in the instructions says what to do next before putting it back in the printer. Currently there will be cleaning fluid in the printhead as I haven't flushed it with water or run ink through it by putting it back in the printer.

Does anyone know what I need to do next? I've had conflicting advice and none of it from anyone I trust! I've been told to let it dry before putting it back in the printer, to flush it with water and put it back in straight away, to flush it with water then let it dry, and just to put it back in with whatever residual cleaning fluid is left and to run cleaning cycles until the ink flows correctly.

Asking on here as you lot usually know what you're doing. ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Asking on here as you lot usually know what you're doing.
This lot recommends…:lol:
As you already have cleaned and flushed the print head, now you need to let it thoroughly dry Before putting it back in the printer, because any moisture left on the electronics will kill the print head dead.. Good luck..

Latest posts