Cleaning Mac Keyboards

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
My Apple keyboard was getting a bit discoloured (grubby) and it really did need a clean. I tried soap and water to no avail. Finally rummaged through the cleaner cupboard to see what Sandra was using......

Came up with SPIRITS OF ORANGE !!!! that she gets from either the local " stupidmarket" or a chemical free outlet, both have it. I used an open weave cotton cloth and just damp with the Spirits.
Worked a treat, one wipe and wipe off with a clean cloth. Since done the black keyboard keys too and the white letters sparkle again.

Bonus is I now have Apples and Oranges all day long, "up to the nose, sweet as a Rose" (Orange):gig...............its a worry folks!!!:smack

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Some keyboards are designed to be run through a dishwashing machine!!

Will give that a go thanks, how do I detach the screen from the Keyboard please....I am using a 13" Macbook Pro

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Will give that a go thanks, how do I detach the screen from the Keyboard please....I am using a 13" Macbook Pro
Enable the Wi-Fi just before you start up the dishwasher, up load speed may vary.. :lol:

George in Georgia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100, Epson R1800
Some keyboards are designed to be run through a dishwashing machine!!

I heard that perhaps 20 years ago from an IT professional. Never had the guts to try it.

Here's a puzzler for all of you. How could you, or could you, salvage a television that had had chicken soup spilled into its innards? This happened to some friends of my parents years ago. The repairman sadly shook his head.:barnieSalty liquid with some degree of fat content. A lost cause....

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Un-plug from the mains first before trying this and leave it to dry for an hour before switching back on, O' and don't smoke either..

A good long bristle paint brush and 500 ml of alcohol should get rid of the soup but your pictures might still remain a bit Salty. :pop

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I heard that perhaps 20 years ago from an IT professional. Never had the guts to try it.

Here's a puzzler for all of you. How could you, or could you, salvage a television that had had chicken soup spilled into its innards? This happened to some friends of my parents years ago. The repairman sadly shook his head.:barnieSalty liquid with some degree of fat content. A lost cause....
Seems to me a car wash stall would solve that one!