Cleaning & Filling 10n0016

Plovdiv

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, I am having real problems cleaning and filling these black Lexmark cartridges, I am running out of hair to tear out and would appreciate any advice that could be given.

I have tried taking out the sponge and soaking the cartridge in cleaning fluid, steaming through the filter, putting in a new sponge, but when i fill and test print either a lot of the print is missing, suggesting blocked nozzles or nothing will come out.

I have even tried taking out the filter, steaming the nozzles and putting in a new filter, but still the same results. I wonder if i am not inserting the sponge correctly, as I only have these problems with this cartridge and it is the only cartridge where i remove and insert a sponge.

Any ideas ?

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
These can be tricky, mostly because of the very fine screen, which can trap "shoe polish", the gunk that forms on the screen after a while.

This sounds like the nozzles are blocked. Holding the base over a steaming kettle once or twice for about 10 seconds helps sometimes to unblock the nozzles.
Also, if you have tries to print a number of times with an empty cartridge, the nozzles will overheat and will become partially sealed...in which case you will need a new cartridge.

Failing all that, try putting boiling water in a cup, and add 10-20% household ammonia. Just use enougn to cover the nozzles. Post your results afterv trying these methods, and good luck!!

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Sure sounds Lexmark knows how to make the perfect cartridge.!!!!!

theinkguy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
there are ways to unclogg these nozzels...I have tryed all of the above and then some...I would recomend a very fine needle and actually injecting a solution called dissolve-it into the microfiber screen and then using an alcohol based solution to soak the screen and printhead...i then use a vacuum to suck these solutions through the print head and have had tremendous sucsess. but that is allot of work for a 10n0016.....lol