CISS gone bad

godlyatheist

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I've used a CISS from Inkproducts for my Epson 835 for over a year now with no problem. Yesterday I noticed some of the colors were way off so I printed a nozzle check page. It turns out that two of the colors are not even printing out, yellow and magenta. I also noticed that there are leaks from the black ink tank. My guess is that somehow yellow and magenta ran out of ink and are not getting refilled, so they are dry now. How do I reset the CISS so that ink flows properly into the cartridges? Also, do i need to check that the print head is getting ink? I thought they need to have some ink in them to work.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
You need to contact your CIS manufacturer or take a bunch of photos of your CIS system (with close ups) so we can figure out a few things.

Also can you clarify if you mean a Stylus colour 835 or one of the new Artisan 835's (PX835)?

godlyatheist

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
It's the Artisan 835. I managed to reprime the CISS today. I think it got messed up because some of the color had way too low of ink level so air got in. Anyways, the CISS itself appears to be okay. The real problem now is that the Light Magenta is not coming out on the paper. At first I thought it's because of the air in the tube between the cartridge and print head, so I bled that tube and now some LM ink is coming out on the paper. There is a clog somewhere in the print head I guess. So, how do I clean that thing? Just soak it in Windex?

Edit: Attached a scan of the nozzle check from today. It appears there are only partial clogs on three colors, yellow, magenta, and light magenta. When I print a color swatch the gray is too light but all the other colors are too dark. It's usable just the colors are off. Would those cleaning fluid work?

9x22ncf9b