Ciss for HP Photosmart C4480 (HP 74/75)

nailimexam

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a good CISS for HP 74/75 cartridges.

Does anyone have recommendations?

I've used a CISS (from LJ) with the Epson Artisan 710 and it has worked flawlessly.

I have found a few sites that sell a CISS for HP 74/75 cartridges. But their sites are filled with poor English grammar, which has me a bit worried.

Thanks

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
No answers. OK, I'll try.

I've never heard of a CISS for that kind of cartridge. I don't know why it isn't often done. Perhaps it's the fact that your type of cartridge uses disposable heads that might not hold up to the heavy use that CISS units are designed for. But I suppose the worst that can happen is that they develop a leak at the joint and run dry. Thus, you could be risking a disposable cartridge.

In fact, most people on this forum recommend CISS for Epson but not for Canon or HP. There are some for sale, though, and by most reports they work well. However, these are for the type of printer with separate heads and cartridges, not HP74/75.

Most people do not refill your type of cartridge, although I don't see why it can't be done. You can weigh the cartridge when new (to the nearest 0.01 g), and refill to the same weight or slightly less. You inject ink into the top of the sponge. Be sure to leave only a pinhole opening when you are done, to prevent drying of the ink in the sponge. The tri-color cartridge presents a problem. You have to guess how much. If you overfill any color, ink will leak out slowly. When the head is parked, the ink may backflow into the other colors and contaminate them. My suggestion would be to guess at the appropriate fill level, and let it sit for a while to make sure it's not leaking. This is just a suggestion, not a proven method. I don't know if anyone does this or not.

Classic Shots

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ix 6540
Hi,

I am looking for a good CISS for HP 74/75 cartridges.

Does anyone have recommendations?

I've used a CISS (from LJ) with the Epson Artisan 710 and it has worked flawlessly.

I have found a few sites that sell a CISS for HP 74/75 cartridges. But their sites are filled with poor English grammar, which has me a bit worried.

Thanks
you can get a ciss for your printer from aliexpress. i have used one on mine for some time. If you are a little bit tech y , you can get empty ciss and fix them on your cartridges.