CISS cartridges not reading XP15000

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
o.k., that's your CISS hardware with other printers, but this does not clarify what is now 'chipless' with the CISS for the XP15000 - are the cartridges without chips or has the firmware been updated into a 'chipless' version not reading/writing the ink status to/from the chips anymore. ? All this is not visible from your images.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Where do you see a disaster?
In the Pic you provided, half of the CISS lines have air in them, no CISS is going to work properly like that, it’s only asking for ongoing print quality.?

Capture2.jpg click to enlarge..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Precision Colors @mikling advises to refill the OEM carts:
http://precisioncolors.com/XP15KInstruct.html

The OEM carts have a bag as the Canon PRO-9500/10/300 and can be filled the same way by dripping on the outlet sponge (best system on earth). You can fill 26-27g in the XL, that's a lot of printing, why do you need a CISS with unreliable carts and ink tubes ?

Last edited:

Japes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
The

Correct. The printer requires appropriate chips on the cartridges in order to be recognized by the printer.

To bypass this system you need to install a hacked version of the firmware. Then the printer will no longer need a compatible chip on the cartridge to recognize it.

The hacked firmware is $50 and up for the XP15000. You download some free software and run it first to see if your printer is able to be modified to run chipless. Once you know it can be run chipless then you purchase the firmware hack key/password and then install it. There should be full instructions you can read before buying anything.

Please post your experience/results.
Where can I get the software? Can you provide a link?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
In my first post to you I asked you who sold you the CISS and to post a link. It was for good reason - to help you with your problem. You did not do that. You need to participate and answer reasonable questions since it is for your own benefit, not ours. We are not paid and you do not pay.

BTW, 2 weeks ago @palombian provided the link to what I described in my first post to you.

How did you miss the top two words on that link?

Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 10-57-27 Precision Colors C5B.png

Now @Ink stained Fingers has provided you with a link that also directs you to what Palombian gave you.

Last edited: