CISS cartridges not reading XP15000

Japes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
I just installed a CISS for the Epson 15000 XP (no chip), and the cartridges aren't reading. I did research beforehand which stated the chipless CISS was best as this was for the US market. I followed the instructions, but it keeps telling me in can't read the cartridges with the occasional push the cartridge down firmly. I don't want to keep doing the same thing and potential break my brand new printer. Do I need to install new firmware or is there something else I'm missing? Any and all advise is welcome. Thanks in advance. :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Who sold the CISS to you? Link?

Contact the seller of the CISS. They should be able to assist.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I just installed a CISS for the Epson 15000 XP (no chip),
I'm not clear from your posting if you converted your XP 15000 to the chipless firmware which is a separate action you would need to do; a CISS for such a modified printer would come without chips on the cartridges for the CISS.

Japes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
I'm not clear from your posting if you converted your XP 15000 to the chipless firmware which is a separate action you would need to do; a CISS for such a modified printer would come without chips on the cartridges for the CISS.
Didn't convert to a chipless system. Just installed ( tried) the CISS) to printer.. Do I ned to install a firmware patch or should this work without a patch? I contacted the manufacturer, but as of yet heard no reply.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I did research beforehand which stated the chipless CISS was best as this was for the US market.
So what is 'chipless' at this time with your printer - not the modified firmware but the CISS ? Could you please post a link to the internet page of that supplier which may explain that CISS.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The
I just installed a CISS for the Epson 15000 XP (no chip), and the cartridges aren't reading.
Correct. The printer requires appropriate chips on the cartridges in order to be recognized by the printer.

To bypass this system you need to install a hacked version of the firmware. Then the printer will no longer need a compatible chip on the cartridge to recognize it.

The hacked firmware is $50 and up for the XP15000. You download some free software and run it first to see if your printer is able to be modified to run chipless. Once you know it can be run chipless then you purchase the firmware hack key/password and then install it. There should be full instructions you can read before buying anything.

Please post your experience/results.

Japes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
So what is 'chipless' at this time with your printer - not the modified firmware but the CISS ? Could you please post a link to the internet page of that supplier which may explain that CISS.

Japes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
Here are pics of the ciss I own. For clarity.

Attachments

• tempImagemU29UD.png
    tempImagemU29UD.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 227
  • tempImagerQyGPX.png
    tempImagerQyGPX.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 244
  • tempImageU0TdFN.png
    tempImageU0TdFN.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 253
  • tempImagejLuNTy.png
    tempImagejLuNTy.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 233
  • tempImagel8MqTa.png
    tempImagel8MqTa.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 229
  • tempImagedAO0jG.png
    tempImagedAO0jG.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 245

Japes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
I have other WORKING CISS' in the printers including Epson 1430 that look like this. Where do you see a disaster?