cis for r320

cambece

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i want one, but i want to know how well they work first anyone help me out...

Cambece

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
cambece said:
i want one, but i want to know how well they work first anyone help me out...
I haven't installed a kit for the R320 specifically but I do have 2 different types of kit for the R300/200. The cartridges would be the same so the only difference should actually be the chips (if at all).

So, bearing this in mind the kits themselves are the Ink Republic and the MIS Associates versions. I'm not going to waste my time with the I.R. kit again because I've already written a long review that's based around my experiences here:
http://www.continuousink.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3755

I just wouldn't recommend Ink Republic kits at all.. and that's based on 9+ months of playing with 3 of their kits.

As to the MIS kits... well I've long been a proponent of them, mainly because I've never really had much in the way of problems. Instructions are comprehensive, support is available and if their kit is faulty (not user error) then they'll do their best to replace parts, etc...

I have a spare R300 kit that I'll be taking down to my Grandfathers shortly so he can print off pictures from whatever new stuff happens over the day for my Gran who has Alzheimers. That's how much I trust them not to give him any problems.

The good news is that the MIS inks are good quality, and dyebase is a whole cheaper than the pigment stuff.. The kits are easy to prime if you take your time, read the instructions and create a proper vaccum using the pump provided. If I was to pass on any tips on that stage, it'd be to avoid being timid.. The cartridges can handle a good vaccum so make sure you get all the air out. The clips with the MIS kit aren't that great either so I tend to recommend that you fold the tube to pinch it closed and run the clip over it to keep it that way.

There are a couple of other reviews for two other manufacturers on www.continuousink.info so it's worth looking at those too...

Hope that helps..

PS: One last tip... whatever you do, make sure you print regularly and IF you install the external waste tank (which is worth it).. make sure you don't allow the tube or the reservoir to reach more than 3 inches above the base.. It's best if you elevate the printer and run the waste ink tank and tube underneath the printer... Otherwise you risk fouling the underside of your printhead, which is what I did to my R200..

cambece

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
wow thank you so much

Cambece