CIS for canon ip6600d or ip6700d

larrydday

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Has any one installed a cis on the canon ip6600d or the ip6700d? Ineed help in routing the ink lines under the lid. from the problems I am having i dont think it can be done.

inkdirect

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi I have a 6700d and I have tried eveything to lead a ciss through, I cannot even find a sensor button that I could deactivate for the lid that would work, called the canon help line not much help there
Regards
Jim

Xalky

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
larrydday said:
Has any one installed a cis on the canon ip6600d or the ip6700d? Ineed help in routing the ink lines under the lid. from the problems I am having i dont think it can be done.
I was just about to post a thread on how well my new CIS is working and poo-poo the naysayers. I had to spend the money to find out for myself. The best $75 I've ever spent...PERIOD

I have this one set up on my ip6700d. http://www.kyson.yangportal.com/Canon IP6600 K.htm It's friggin awesome dude. If you print a lot like I do, refilling was a real thorn in my side.

There's a few things you need to be aware of:
* You'll have to transfer your chips from your old cartridges over to the new ones.
* I had to modify my case so that the hoses would not interfere with carriage movement on the left side beneath the cover
* The lid has to stay open on the printer and you have to stick something into the lid switch and tape it there so it thinks the lid is shut.
* I had a problem with one of my cartridges showing as "incorrect cartridge" It had something to do with one of the chips not being in its proper position and sending an error code.

* I would'nt reccomend this to someone that's not at least a little mechanically inclined and likes to tinker.

I can take pictures and show you what it looks like.

jbstudios

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'm struggling with my own ip6700d issues. I did love to see the mods you did to the left side of the printer.

Cheap_Ink_Wanted

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I too would love to see some pics of a CIS successfully installed in an ip6700d :D

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I wonder where is i6700D replacement printer since canon no longer lists it on their page for a month or two.

Cheap_Ink_Wanted

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Maybe on ebay since it seems canon may have discontinued this printer