Cis canon mx416 printer cartridge cl-811, 810(part 2)

dev43

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi friends,

when i planed to install ciss to my mx416 printer i was very new to this thing. i googled so many times to find a proper way to ciss cl-811 cartridge.

actually the problem was my red ink was flowing back every time i try to fit ciss.

u can check this topic also for the reference

help needed on installing ciss

finally i noticed there is a clip on my cartridge holder in my printer that is pressing my red ink tube fitting. now that was a big headache for me.
after that what i did was completely wrong which damaged my cartridge. i made a another hole just under the previous one.
that was a big mistake. i was very aware that this cartridge is no more alive. because the inner walls were broken.
so i decided to make some experiment on this cartridge. i made some another holes in it..:lol:
result is mixing of ink.

well

i ordered a new cartridge. this time i did more research. iam again ready to install my ciss. :cool:

so this time i do not want to kill my new cartridge.

now the question is where can i exactly put hole in cl-811.?
i have two option
first one is just a little below the last hole i made in old cartridge
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/vlcsnap2012101511h37m15.png/

in second case this is cl 816 cartridge.
http://imageshack.us/a/img90/403/vlcsnap2012101511h39m57.png

this is my old cartridge

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/9380/img20121015120507.jpg

im sure that otion 2 is more reliable but want to know your expert opinion.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
http://imageshack.us/a/img607/9380/img20121015120507.jpg
Neither option! Both of these holes are in the wrong place. The old hole is better located.
Option one is in the yellow compartment. Option two is in both yellow and cyan compartments, connecting the two.

Here is a picture of an opened cl-811 (actually 511, same cartridge)

My first choice was the original breathe hole, but I ran into the same problem as you: the "clip" on the cartridge holder...
My second choice was to drill another hole a little lower, but I managed to drill through the dividing wall. That was bad... mixing of colors, ciss was useless.
Your best bet is to drill the hole in the magenta compartment without touching the dividing walls. That means you have to cut a portion of the "clip" on the cartridge holder to fit the tubing.

dev43

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i was exactly thinking to do the same. but then i have seen so many videos on you tube, they were forcing me to make a hole in center(option 2)
and bro the pic u are showing me also telling me the possibilities of this.

see
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/3280/8048cl511.png

sorry if im wrong but please think abt the possibilities. cutting the clip will solve my problem for sure. but that is not that much simple.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
It's easier to modify the "clip" than to drill that hole and keep the dividing wall intact. What you see in my image is a cartridge with a damaged wall.

dev43

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
yes i can see that damaged wall. well i ll go with you. because i dnt want to take any risk any more.

now if i am ready to modify the clip then i think i can use the orignal micro hole. can i ?
and jst a hour ago i opened my cartridge. and i found my old hole also break a round wall but that was in same chamber so i dnt think it is harmful.
but what abt the particles. ?
if i ll make a hole in orignal micro hole that will also damage its wall nd the particles ll remain inside the cartridge.

http://imageshack.us/a/img20/5610/img20121016003411.jpg

and any help if u can do abt cutting that clip will be appreciated.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Drilling through the original breathe hole is a good idea. Don't worry about the plastic debris inside the cartridge, it will just sit on the sponge, it can't get through it.

About the "clip"... You need to see where it touches the tubing and carve into it until it doesn't. The "clip" should make contact with the cartridge, not the tubing.

dev43

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
done:

hole in cartridge : ok
clip cutting : ok
ink tank level : ok
flow of ink : ok
installation of ciss on right side : ok

printing : ok

moral of the story :
nothing is impossible.
lack of information can spoil everything so collect information as much as u can before installing ciss ,
do every thing with piece of mind. take your time. do not hurry. take some risk. be sure for everything you are doing.

And your ciss will work perfect. :cool::cool:

dev43

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
if some one can merge my both topics...?

and thank you so much guys.
hat nd tudor
it was not that much easy without your guidance. thanks again

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
dev43
Its great to hear how you stayed at it and finally got it to work properly, thank you for the feedback on a job well done. :)
Also congratulation goes to Tudor for his perseverance and help also.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Very good news, dev43! Maybe you can take some pictures of your setup and post'em here. ;)