Cis canon mx416 printer cartridge cl-811, 810(part 1)

dev43

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi,
this is my very first topic here. hope u people ll help me

i have canon pixma mx416 printer with me. this printer uses cl-810 nd cl-811 cartridges.
i have planed to fitt ciss kit to my printer which i bought from ebay. before that i want to make sure that i am ready to do this
without any mistake. i googled so meny time to look abt instructions, pros nd cons.

every time it increase my doubts nd fear to lost my printers print head.
but finally i came to a conclusion that it ll 100% work if done by carefully.

i have some questions in my mind. please guide me nd help me to achieve my

1. i know only dye ink can be used in ciss. but is this possible to use dye ink made for epson printers, in my canon printer?
in my city epson ink is very easily available. where canon ink is very hard to find.
2. i do not use my printer daily, some time not for 5 to 6 days. how long any ink can be used in cis
3. how to manage the right level between printer and ink tank.
4. why is this necessary to put cis tank on left side? can i put it on right side?
5. please help me to fit.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi dev43

First of all, CISS are not that easy to fit or work on any Canon printer very well.

But if you have bought one already then there is no reason not to fit it,
the installation of the CISS is the secret to its success.

Install it correctly and it will work fine get it slightly wrong and it will drive you mad (Lots of hair pulling).

If you do manage to install it and get it working properly then youll need to print at least one sheet a day
to keep it in good working condition and youll have no problems with it.

You printer doesnt have a dedicated print heads they are actually on the individual cartridges
so if damage happens to occur just replace the effected cartridge.
is this possible to use dye ink made for epson printers, in my canon printer?
Dont use Epson inks in your Canon printer, they may look the same but there not they use different technology,
never buy universal inks only inks made Canon printers.
2. i do not use my printer daily, some time not for 5 to 6 days. how long any ink can be used in cis
As I said earlier print once a day to be sure.
3. how to manage the right level between printer and ink tank.
The CISS bottles should be ideally placed on the same table (surface) as the printer,
raising the bottles higher will cause flooding inside your printer.
4. why is this necessary to put cis tank on left side? can i put it on right side?
You can put the CISS on whichever side that works best for you, try to follow the instruction to start with
but be prepared to change it if doesnt look right and try it as many ways as you can practice makes perfect.
5. please help me to fit.
Have a look at this installation on a similar printer to yours its not perfect as no CISS really is
but maybe it will assist you with your setup, its not in English but no matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBYzYQ9Gi0g

dev43

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Wow. I must say yes you are the inkjet master

Thanks hat.
I think i have all my answers.

But please tell me . Still if im not able to print evryday. Like im not in town,or busy in some stuff, what to do then? I want to mention that cis kit i have has a ink flow control valve in it. So i can stop the ink flow..
And

The person who sold me this ciss on ebay was insisting to use only original cartridges. What is your opinion on it. ?

Hope to see you soon :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
dev43 said:
Wow. I must say yes you are the inkjet master

Thanks hat.
I think i have all my answers.

Still if im not able to print evryday. Like im not in town,or busy in some stuff, what to do then?
It is in important to print at least once a day however but if you cant then do so when possible.
The idea of using your printer every day is to keep the pressures inside the CISS consistent at all times
to prevent negative pressure which will suck the ink back into the bottles on you.

I want to mention that cis kit i have has a ink flow control valve in it. So i can stop the ink flow..
No do not use the ink flow valves to control the ink between the cartridge and the reservoir bottle.

The person who sold me this ciss on ebay was insisting to use only original cartridges.
What is your opinion on it. ? If you know how to convert your original cartridges then by all means do so.

Hope to see you soon :)

dev43

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks hat, soon i ll update you with result..
Thanks again.

dev43

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Finally i instaled ciss. It took me around an hour to done al the job. But it took me hours to make it work with ink flow.

I am facing some problems nd hope to see some solutions from you guys.

1. As you know i was worried about the ciss tank level. It is still a headache for me.. i put a box under my ink tank (3.5cm high) to make a easy flow because without doing this my magenta ink was flowing back. Only magenta. I dont know im doing right or wrong.
2. My printer is showing low ink error for the inks. Im not able to get rid of it. :( i did 5 to 7 cleaning nd deep cleaning sessions . As wel as head alignments
3. Print quality is also not gud. I made four boxs in my laptop nd print it. Yellow was fine, grren ok, red light, blue is dull. I am using gud quality ink. Have no doubt in it .
4. Yesterday nite i put a thin tishu paper under the cartridges. Today moning It was full with colors but ink did not flood i guess.

Everything is looking fine but im feeling something is nt gud...

Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
dev43 1. As you know i was worried about the ciss tank level. It is still a headache for me.. i put a box under my ink tank (3.5cm high) to make a easy flow because without doing this my magenta ink was flowing back. Only magenta. I dont know im doing right or wrong.
When using the CISS your ink tanks should be on the same level as the printer for good ink delivery
to your cartridges, raising them to high can cause flooding.

If you have an air leak in your connections then the ink will flow backwards to the tank reservoir,
so youll have to reconnect the magenta again and make sure its sealed properly.

2. My printer is showing low ink error for the inks. Im not able to get rid of it. i did 5 to 7 cleaning nd deep cleaning sessions . As wel as head alignments
The low ink warning is nothing to worry about when using a CISS, later youll have to disable the ink monitoring completely to continue to print.
If you need to check that your ink is flowing properly then using 2.5 cm coloured boxes (strips) are better
than cleaning cycles, you should not use deep clean at all only normal clean when needed
and head alignment dont do anything to improve your ink flow either.

There are no easy ways to fit a CISS properly and to get it to work correctly
you need to make doubly sure everything is done exactly right otherwise the CISS will fail miserably.

Once you get it up and running properly than youll have to check it at least weekly to make sure it stays that way,
its one of the main reasons why refilling your own OEM cartridges is a far less stressful option altogether.