Chip Resetter - for Canon Pixma MP830

jhoulden

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Now that I discovered this forum I want to get into refilling my own carts. I found a few on eBay and was wondering if there are any differences between chip resetters or do they all work the same? Additionally if anyone is in Canada (Toronto) and has any suggestions on where to buy them I would be most appreciative. Here is what I have found so far:

HongKong - orange $31 with shipping
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ink-Cartidge-chi...ries?hash=item41484ce49e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Ontario,Canada - orange $59 with shipping but includes items listed below.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Chip-Resetter-fo...oner?hash=item25524e373c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

1 x 60 ml black pigmented ink for PGI-5BK
1 x 30 ml ink photoblack for CLI-8BK
1 x 30 ml ink cyan for CLI-8C
1 x 30 ml ink magenta for CLI-8M
1 x 30 ml ink yellow for CLI-8Y
(This ink volume will guarantee 3 refills)
+ 5 x syringe
+ 5 x needle (50 mm)
+ 1 x drill

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
jhoulden,... I've just posted a response to your other questions on the MP830. PrecisionColors.com is located in Canada and they will provide you the best ink and the best refill kit. DO NOT TRUST ANY INK ANYWHERE UNTIL YOU KNOW WHO IS THE MFG. SOURCE. The owner of this business is a regular inkjet master and always supports this website. I'm not sure if he sells the chip resetter.

I got one from Atlanticinkjet.com but it failed immediately,.. the batteries went dead. They sent me another one in 2 weeks and it worked for 8 times and then one battery went dead. Now that I have replaced all three batteries I hope it will work longer. The batteries are available at any drugstore.

jhoulden

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I emailed Precisioncolors.com and he mentioned that the resetters should be coming in a few weeks. I'll ask whether its a Sudhaus or not.

@Trigger37, thanks for the other post in regards to maintenance of the mp830. Just what I needed to get me started.

rehardwick

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
In a similar vein, as many of you know, the new inkjet printers out of Canon (except the all pigment types) are using the PGI-BK220, CLI-221(colors) cartridges. From the threads I have read, the new cartridges are similar to the PGI-5BK, CLI-8(colors), but are shorter.

Has anyone tried using these resetters on the new cartridges, or is the pinout different?

Thanks in advance.

dougsewell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Resetters will not work on newer smaller cartridges. However, rumour has it that a resetter will be out for these "shortly". Thats all I know for the moment
Doug

ges74

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Trigger 37 said:
jhoulden,... I've just posted a response to your other questions on the MP830. PrecisionColors.com is located in Canada and they will provide you the best ink and the best refill kit.
Hi - thanks for the great tip on dependable reseller in Canada - is there someone similar in the States? I live on the Eastern seaboard of the US and am wondering about the sensitivities of mailing a hypodermic needle across national lines. Normally I would just go out and get one but I'm in the middle of an international move and can't spare the time so would like to just order a whole kit.

Thanks!
GES

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
ges74,... There is no problem shipping Ink refill kits, I think Mike uses the US Postal Service. Go to his web site, PrecisionColors.com and call him or send him and email and he can provide the answer.

There is another site where I have purchased refill supplies, but I stopped supporting them once the vent to "Universal INk", which they claim works in every printer. This I don't believe so I stopped bying anything from them. It is Atlanticinkjet.com.

ges74

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Trigger 37 said:
ges74,... There is no problem shipping Ink refill kits, I think Mike uses the US Postal Service. Go to his web site, PrecisionColors.com and call him or send him and email and he can provide the answer.

There is another site where I have purchased refill supplies, but I stopped supporting them once the vent to "Universal INk", which they claim works in every printer. This I don't believe so I stopped bying anything from them. It is Atlanticinkjet.com.
Thanks for the response, i'll contact both now.