Cheapest To Run Laser Printers ( Maintenance Wise) ?

itaa

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
kyocera 4200
Recently got a Kyocera 4200 , the thing is rated for 500k pages before it needs maintenance kit & a 25k page replacement toner is like £10 , Apart from the terrible drivers they have Seems very solid after printing 15k pages in past 2weeks & I only paid £100 for an Used as-new one.

The plan with this one is to run it till the 500k or when it needs repairing and than just dump it as the Maintenance kit is 3x the price I Paid for it..

Looking to get a 2nd printer to speed up my workflow, not sure If I should hunt for another one of these or there's something better?

Are there any other printer models that can last this long before needing an expensive Maintenance? Or perhaps there are some printers that can last this long or a bit less and they have very cheap Maintenance kits so they can be kept in service forever?

Must have fast Duplex printing.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Lighting doesn’t strike the same place twice, so enjoy your current printer and worry about a replacement later, plus use the time to shop around again, all business printers tend to last a very long time.. Maintenance is always costly..

itaa

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
kyocera 4200
Lighting doesn’t strike the same place twice, so enjoy your current printer and worry about a replacement later, plus use the time to shop around again, all business printers tend to last a very long time.. Maintenance is always costly..
I'm looking for a 2nd printer , so I can run 2 at the same time :D

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'm looking for a 2nd printer , so I can run 2 at the same time
Try similar locations to where you got the first, there are a lot of businesses going bust and the liquidator would probably sell you the redundant office equipment..

itaa

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
kyocera 4200
Try similar locations to where you got the first, there are a lot of businesses going bust and the liquidator would probably sell you the redundant office equipment..
Sir, you are pointlessly spamming without even reading the topics..

user5800

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro9500 MkII
Recently got a Kyocera 4200 , the thing is rated for 500k pages before it needs maintenance kit & a 25k page replacement toner is like £10 , Apart from the terrible drivers they have Seems very solid after printing 15k pages in past 2weeks & I only paid £100 for an Used as-new one.

The plan with this one is to run it till the 500k or when it needs repairing and than just dump it as the Maintenance kit is 3x the price I Paid for it..

Looking to get a 2nd printer to speed up my workflow, not sure If I should hunt for another one of these or there's something better?

Are there any other printer models that can last this long before needing an expensive Maintenance? Or perhaps there are some printers that can last this long or a bit less and they have very cheap Maintenance kits so they can be kept in service forever?

Must have fast Duplex printing.
I second this request, I'm very interested in laser/led printing however two things holds me: the amount of service costs on long term (sadly is not just toner but also fusers, belts, corona wires and so on) and secondly the footprint (lasers are very big and bulky).

I would love to get myself a SRA3 color machine maybe a used model to learn more before getting a costly new product.

Brands that I know here are

OKI: Not bad in terms of quality, not super fast, very costly in terms of consumables. Even if you get your hands on compatible toners to save a bit the machines itself has lot of changeable parts at circa twice the amount of pages of toner life (too few on my opinion - eg 40.000 pages where toner ends at 20k). They do banners but the bypass tray is not so comfortable, there are models with clear/white extra color - very interesting but very costly almost 3500 € for a new product. They have instead a small A3 family that have no copier functions but are nice, around 800-1000 €. Xante, are Oki based too.

Xerox: Maybe a Xerox VersaLink C7000 family, have heard very good reviews on it, few manteinance and cheap unofficial consumables.

Don't know much about their drivers but I suppose that in order to squeeze the most from them you have to go for a Fiery RIP like bigger presses even if something lately is changing, also KM is making is internal rip almost complete as Fiery one.

Don't know much about Kyocera, as for photocopiers Sharp was very high rated in past.

Ricoh: For this brand I heard mixed reviews, some hates it, some hates it. Not sure if has to do with service support or spare parts costs and availability.

KM, Konica Minolta are generally another good brand