1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Possible Yello Gello Explanation
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Change Epson 1430 mainboard

Discussion in 'Epson InkJet Printers' started by CreativeMess, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Feb 21, 2019
    CreativeMess

CreativeMess Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    Epson Artisan 1430
    I am in Canada, I have an Epson 1430 and I am pretty near to the end of my rope with it. I run a CISS on it. To begin with I had major problems with air in the lines and cartridges. Got that solved. Broke the printhead. Got that solved. Put an ink waste potty on it.

Then out of no where it stopped recognizing the cartridges, just when it was doing nothing. I put in OEM cartridges that came with the printer, swapped, reset etc. There was nothing that seemed to work. After much reading and googling I tried the firmware downgrade. 3 times later... I think my firmware is so messed up I can not get it to recognize any cartridges. So again reading googling I came across your post about switching the mainboard of a 1430 to a L1800.

I would like to try this and I think I found the correct board it is even supplied with a special switch board connector. I have the adjustment program for the 1430 but can not find the one for the L1800. My main concern at this point is ( I read too much) is there much adjusting that you have to do once the mainboard is replaced.

I would really appreciate if you could give me some assistance in letting me know where to find what else I need to do this and any information that you could pass on to me.

Your help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Kelly

The Hat likes this.
  2. Mar 1, 2019
    websnail

websnail Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
    I don't know how relevant an AdjProg service utility would be in this scenario as I've not done it with any of our printers but I did google around for potential sources for it. Almost every one I found was highly suspect, either requiring multiple hoops to jump through or evidence of malware so I'm not sure you'd want to take the risk of using any of them without having a system that's isolated from a network, and can be completely wiped and restored from bare-metal status, after use.

About the only source I'd consider would be 2manuals but that's functionally limited
    https://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=1560
    ... so YMMV.

Personally I'd try installing the mainboard as per instructions from the board supplier and see how you get on from there. Oh and please report back...

---

Further to the above (and switching gears)... The cartridge not recognised issue is sometimes caused by the ribbon cable to the printhead becoming soiled and/or degraded so that it can't properly connect to the circuit board in the head. This issue is often caused by leaking CIS systems, cleaning solution that spattered onto the cable, and more besides. So, before you do anything else it's worth taking the printhead carrier apart sufficiently to access all cables and carefully examining and cleaning as required before re-assembly and testing.

The Hat likes this.
  3. Mar 2, 2019
    CreativeMess

CreativeMess Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    Epson Artisan 1430
    Thank you @websnail for your reply. You are correct in the finding of multiple adjprograms full of malware. I did finally buy one that works fine.
    Instructions...LOL I have none. I read that it can be done.
    L1800 mainboard in Epson 1430
    thread posted here. I had been hoping that I could maybe get some insight into changing the board from here. Unfortunately that thread is old enough that I don't think I will get much help there.
    I have the L1800 board now, it just arrived yesterday.

As to the cartridges not being recognized...I worked for over a week trying all the tricks in my bucket but alas I did not win. I am pretty sure that I might have bricked the firmware. It would not be the first time B)

I will report back when I get the board changed.

Edit:

websnail likes this.
  4. Mar 10, 2019
    websnail

websnail Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
    We await an update... preferably one that doesn't involve $200 in contributions to the swear jar... (hopefully).

The Hat likes this.