Change Canon Pro 1 Printhead

AYP

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Hi,

I recognized it 3-4 weeks before and thought ink is empty. So I ordered a new full set.

Yes i did already the the normal and deep cleaning cycle (Twice) and afterwards nozzle check.

Yes I know, but it is harder for me to pack and transfer the 30 kg printer :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@AYP, So, you say you have exhausted all avenues and the print head is definitely damaged, but have you sourced a new head anywhere yet.?

AYP

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Actually i am not sure if the printer head is defect. I think the print head must be cleaned with water or alcohol. It was very hot in the last weeks in my apartment becaus of the summer :)

I Would prefer to clean it, but in that case i dont know how to get the printer head out of the printer.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
That’s pointless, because you can’t clean the head any better than the printer can itself, it’s not your average normal desktop printer, and if you attempt to remove the head, this will open a whole new can of worms for you.

To carry out a head removal you need the assistance of the printer, because there's quite a bit of ink to be removed safely , you now leave the ink system exposed to air and this may cause the heavy pigment particles to settle causing further blockages, while you attempt to clean the head manually.

I don’t recommend you do this, a much better approach would be to let the printer do the heavy cleaning work, yes it wastes ink but so does manual head removal, it’s a no-win scenario.

Make sure you got plenty of ink in all the cartridges then print a nozzle check, now run a system maintenance clean (This takes time) and when the printer has finished, run another nozzle check and compare both, the printout should be perfect by now..

AYP

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Thans for your advice.
But what to do when there is no change after the cleanings?
Does this mean the print head is defect?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The print head should be perfectly alright after the system clean, but, but and but again, if you continued to print something while you had missing colours and didn’t notice, then all bets are off, anyway you have no other choice right now..

Gandamaluc

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 1 / KM C258 / Ender
Good morning everybody,
First of all thank you for accepting me in your forum.
I have a canon pro-1 from a friend I photograph with a problem with the blue color, it's not doing correctly when it prints striped, everything seems to be a problem with the head, I've read a lot on the forum and on the internet in general, I was willing to replace the print head for a new one, but I can't find the correct procedure to do it, could someone help me?
I'm sorry to mention that I've already tried to do 6,7 or 8 times the head cleaning by software sometimes I get better but it always ends up with a defect in the blue

Gandamaluc

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 1 / KM C258 / Ender
Good morning, sorry for the delay and poorly written English. I couldn't do the tests sooner so here is the test page the firmware is already the most up to date, in the image the PC color is half missing, actually when printing a photograph what happens and the blue ones are slightly scratched normally in the same area of the leaf and only if this zone is blue

Attachments

• IMG_20211205_102219.jpg
    IMG_20211205_102219.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 146