1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Improved Heat Box
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Change Canon Pro 1 Printhead

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by kevin taylor, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Sep 14, 2018
    AYP

AYP Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma Pro 1
    Hi,

I recognized it 3-4 weeks before and thought ink is empty. So I ordered a new full set.

Yes i did already the the normal and deep cleaning cycle (Twice) and afterwards nozzle check.

Yes I know, but it is harder for me to pack and transfer the 30 kg printer :)

2. Sep 14, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    @AYP, So, you say you have exhausted all avenues and the print head is definitely damaged, but have you sourced a new head anywhere yet.?

3. Sep 14, 2018
    AYP

AYP Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma Pro 1
    Actually i am not sure if the printer head is defect. I think the print head must be cleaned with water or alcohol. It was very hot in the last weeks in my apartment becaus of the summer :)

I Would prefer to clean it, but in that case i dont know how to get the printer head out of the printer.

4. Sep 15, 2018
    The Hat

Printer Model:
    That’s pointless, because you can’t clean the head any better than the printer can itself, it’s not your average normal desktop printer, and if you attempt to remove the head, this will open a whole new can of worms for you.

To carry out a head removal you need the assistance of the printer, because there's quite a bit of ink to be removed safely , you now leave the ink system exposed to air and this may cause the heavy pigment particles to settle causing further blockages, while you attempt to clean the head manually.

I don’t recommend you do this, a much better approach would be to let the printer do the heavy cleaning work, yes it wastes ink but so does manual head removal, it’s a no-win scenario.

Make sure you got plenty of ink in all the cartridges then print a nozzle check, now run a system maintenance clean (This takes time) and when the printer has finished, run another nozzle check and compare both, the printout should be perfect by now..

5. Sep 15, 2018
    AYP

AYP Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma Pro 1
    Thans for your advice.
    But what to do when there is no change after the cleanings?
    Does this mean the print head is defect?

6. Sep 15, 2018
    The Hat

Printer Model:
    The print head should be perfectly alright after the system clean, but, but and but again, if you continued to print something while you had missing colours and didn’t notice, then all bets are off, anyway you have no other choice right now..