CcMmYK printer test page ?

imcnab

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an Epson artisan 50, which is fitted with a continuous ink system. It uses the CcMmYK color separation system.

As I print infrequently (but lots when I do), I wish to print at least one page each day which uses ALL inks to keep everything in good order.

I have been looking for a printer test page that will separately print out Cyan, light cyan, Magenta, light magenta, Yellow and blacK, with no luck.

Does anyone know how I can do this? Or have a better idea about how to keep the printer in good condition.

All help will be most gratefully received.
best regards... imcnab

cmonkey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
A nozzle check page should be sufficient, as it tests each ink without overusing one ink or another.
You also get the added benefit of making sure all your nozzles are working.

I tried the same thing with some test images, but found I was consuming my photo cyan and magenta twice as fast....

So now is just a daily nozzle check for my printer.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Cmonkey is right.

To see an in depth discussion of why you can't have a test page that will separately print out the various inks, see this thread.

imcnab

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you for your help.
I had no idea that control of separate tanks was so deeply embedded in the firmware.
I will do as you suggest and print one nozzle check page each day.

Supplementary question:
Can anyone please tell me how to set up windows xp so that it will schedule one printer nozzle check each day ? This would be useful when I'm out of town on business. I guess it should be possible somehow using windows XP scheduler and the epson printer software, but I'm out of my depth.

Thanks again.... imcnab